Custom Computers

Casey

OK, so I built my first totally awesome computer like a month ago and I am curious now what everyone else is running under their hood. For everyone here who has a custom computer or a just a badass computer they want to share, Post your hardware specs and your windows index scores, that way we can see if youre overclocking what you got and how well youre doing it if you are. Also, if you're planning on building one, let us know what youre looking for and what you want, always curious to hear people's "Dream Machine"

Have always built my own computers ever since my first 8088 behemoth.
My current rig is a bit dated, but thanks to the insane overclock I get with it, it still holds it's own pretty well, especially with an SSD drive. Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3L
Processor : Intel Q9550 @ 4.3Ghz (510 FSB x 8.5) on air!
Memory: 4x2GB G.Skill PC8200
Video: EVGA GTX260OC 216core
HDD(s): 90GB OCZ Agility 2 SSD / 2x1TB Western Digital Black
PSU: Corsair HX850 (a tad overkill for build, I know)
Audio: Auzentech X-FI Prelude
Case: Lian Li PC-V1000B Plus

Looking at upgrading to a Sandy Bridge (K2600) a bit later this year.

Wow, lol that is a little outdated, but im sure at the time it was bought it was amazing. Did you build it yourself or did you buy it like that? A sandy bridge huh? I went all out on my processor and grabbed the 980x, so it will be a while before I move away from mine and buy one of the new I series.

Lol... you think his is outdated.

MOBO: Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 2.4 ghz (I've had it up to 3.2 on air though.)
Memory: 2x2 gb Mushkin pc 8200
Video: EVGA GTX 260
HD:eek: I forgot, but I've got a 640gb and a 1tb.
PSU: Corsair 650
Case: Antec Sonata III (It's a piece of shit... That door thing on the front got removed after like a month because it was so annoying.)

Mine:

Mobo: ASUS M47AAD
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630 @2.8GHz
GPU: EVGA GTS 250 512mb (SUCKS)
PSU: Antec 500W
RAM: OCZ gold 4gb ddr3
CASE: some shit case

I wanna replace gpu + psu. I'm saving up for 6950.

• I'm temporarily on a dell precision 650
    • Intel Xeon 3.60 ghz
    • 3gigs of ram ECC
    • nvidia geforce 7300gt 512meg

• my laptop is a sony vaio vgn-fz
    • Intel core 2 duo t7250 2 ghz
    • 4gigs 1gig shared video memory has 512 dedicated but no bios upgrade to disallow shared memory

• oldest computers i still own
    • apple IIe
      • Duo-Disk
      • moniter
      • system
    • Commodore 64
      • system
      • disk drive
      • missing moniter

Case ( NZXT Vulcan Gaming Case - Black )

Motherboard ( [CrossFire / SLI] ASUS Rampage III Gene -- Intel X58 Chipset -- SupremeFX X-Fi 2 Sound, Triple-Channel DDR3, Gb LAN, 2x PCI-E 2.0 x16 )

Processor ( Intel® Core™ i7 960 Processor (4x 3.20GHz/8MB L3 Cache) )
Processor Cooling ( Liquid CPU Cooling System w/ 92mm Radiator )

Memory ( 6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1800 - Corsair or Major Brand )

Video Card ( NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 2GB - SLI Mode (Dual Cards) )

Hard Drive ( 300 GB WD Velociraptor HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 10000 RPM, 3.0Gb/s - Single Drive )

lol, im trading in one of my 470s for the 570 at no cost, I love EVGA :) How does the 500 series work? Is it worth it?

lol, im trading in one of my 470s for the 570 at no cost, I love EVGA :) How does the 500 series work? Is it worth it?
As far as I can tell the 500 series have better temps and lower power consumptions.
And a 570 = 480, pretty much. With better temps and lower power consumptions of course.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a GTX560 Ti or two. It's basically the GTX460 with all the previously locked/disabled components now enabled. I.e. There are 384 shaders now active at a clock speed of 822MHz (versus 336 and 675MHz for the older card) yet power consumption makes only a slight jump from 160W to 170W.

Did you build it yourself or did you buy it like that?
Built it myself - I think the only computer I didn't build myself was a Gateway2000 486 machine that my parents bought me for college ... boy if that doesn't make me feel old :p

Wow, lol that is a little outdated, but im sure at the time it was bought it was amazing.
I dunno, I think it still is fairly amazing. It hums along without skipping a beat at 4.3Ghz on air and still pumps out some decent F@H points.

Hopefully it has the same overclocking potential as the GTX 460 did.
The power circuitry has supposedly been beefed up considerably so I'm guessing that and then some. Will be curious to see if MSI releases a model with the military grade circuitry like they have been introducing lately - would be one beast of a card if they do.

Asus P5N-D - Intel Q9300@ 2.5 Ghz.
BFG Geforce 9800+
6 Gigs of DDR2 800 No name RAM.
Western Digital Raptor 40 gig!
Western Digital Raptor 80 gig!
Maxtor 300 gig.
Creative X-Fi Gamer!
PC Power and cooling - Turbo Cool 600W

Military grade circuitry huh? I work around some of the most advanced aircraft in the airforce and the circuitry I see is worse then your computer Kagato. I don't see any point using "military grade" circuitry, especially since this almost all of it is 20 years old, and what isnt is about the same as my comp. Don't be fooled by that term....just sayin.

Crysis is a pretty game.
screenshot0656.jpg

Back