• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Derpy Animal Wrangling

Noble

I have to move a shit ton of animals a long way. Any tips? Also can I hire some people to help me in the great crusade? xD

Build a giant ark
Walking is your only option. Get a wheat and walk with them or get a wheat and ride in a boat with them following you.

>Build a massive minecart track to wherever you're going.
>Place derps in minecart
>Push
>Repeat until all derps are at new location
>???
>Profit

What kind of animals? If they are like cats and dogs, stuff 'em in crates. They'll be fine. If it's their bigger cousins, like wolves and tigers, you're basically screwed. Thank me later :)

In 1.0 or 1.1, I remember Ustulo bringing mooshrooms to Cydonia. With minecarts.
But yeah, I'm not sure it will work with a "shit ton of animals"...

In 1.0 or 1.1, I remember Ustulo bringing mooshrooms to Cydonia. With minecarts.
But yeah, I'm not sure it will work with a "shit ton of animals"...
That was my second try, the first try involved me walking around 4k blocks with maximum server lag, only to have a creeper explode and kill the mooshrooms right outside the gates of Cydonia.

>Build a massive minecart track to wherever you're going.
>Place derps in minecart
>Push
>Repeat until all derps are at new location
>???
>Profit
Is that possible? o.o

Possible but not practical for this world, since you can't even set rail on unclaimed land (assuming he's talking about making the move on the overworld).

Alternatives: Ask a neighbor near the new location to lend/sell you a few animals.

And when you say "hire", how many credits are we talking about?

Possible but not practical for this world, since you can't even set rail on unclaimed land (assuming he's talking about making the move on the overworld).

Alternatives: Ask a neighbor near the new location to lend/sell you a few animals.

And when you say "hire", how many credits are we talking about?

A little short on the credits... Was hoping for payment in supplies? :D

Living on an ocean plot on a man-made island I had to import all my animals. Its one of the few times I was very grateful for the amount of ocean we have. I could go to mainland somewhere, entice 2-3 animals with wheat, then riding my boat slowly but surely (and relatively safely) lure them back to my island. You can take a roundabout patch to most places at this point via ocean and avoid creepers and stray attacks that way. Slow, but effective.

Back