Desktop Time!

YoEYwhi.jpg

Sas, you're famous.

You know what I just realized? I don't have a Happy Mask Salesman background. Fixing.

EDIT 2: Strange white bar at bottom is strange.

I'd just like to HIGHLY recommend "fences" to everyone... Fences I love being able to have a completely clean desktop at the push of a button, or a double click. It's definitely worth it in my book. The other added benefit is organization. Gotta love it!

I'd just like to HIGHLY recommend "fences" to everyone... Fences I love being able to have a completely clean desktop at the push of a button, or a double click. It's definitely worth it in my book. The other added benefit is organization. Gotta love it!
I recommend Fences as well- keeps everything in a nice orderly fashion that makes sense to me. I always know exactly where everything is and I can hide all my icons in an instant.

desktop.png

Or, you know, you could just have folders... in a main folder.. and keep the desktop clean
Untitled.png

Actually Pix (do you mind Pix?) fences also allows for some added advanced functionality that is nicely utilized as well. I understand folder organization, it's how I always did things for years, and I still do to an extent, but with fences it's even more organized in my opinion...
I don't mind Pix, thanks for asking. I respect your decision to use "fences", I just cannot stand there ever being more than four icons on my desktop. They have to be in the top left corner, too. My suggestion is for the people who are like-minded.

Screw Fences. Hide all Destop Icons. If you really need something then hit the start button.
Rainmeter and RocketDock is all ya need ;p
lE3uP75.jpg
Nice clock ya got set up there! Also, have you gotten to the stage where you have to reapply your desktop wallpaper every day, yet? Has your computer decided to start rebooting itself every 3 hours yet?

Screw Fences. Hide all Destop Icons. If you really need something then hit the start button.
Rainmeter and RocketDock is all ya need ;p
lE3uP75.jpg
Your Rainmeter clock is redundant because the time already shows up on your taskbar. You don't need two clocks. I always thought Rocketdock is kind of useless because you already have a taskbar, and unless you remove the taskbar for aesthetic reasons I don't see why you would need two different places to click on programs that you often use.

There's too much crap on the right side of your taskbar, for instance, you don't need to know that java, adobe flash, rainmeter, nvidia, etc. are functioning. But you're right about not having any folders on the desktop.

To everyone else, minimalism is key, what's the point of having so many folders on the desktop when you have Windows Explorer?

Your Rainmeter clock is redundant because the time already shows up on your taskbar. You don't need two clocks. I always thought Rocketdock is kind of useless because you already have a taskbar, and unless you remove the taskbar for aesthetic reasons I don't see why you would need two different places to click on programs that you often use.

There's too much crap on the right side of your taskbar, for instance, you don't need to know that java, adobe flash, rainmeter, nvidia, etc. are functioning. But you're right about not having any folders on the desktop.

To everyone else, minimalism is key, what's the point of having so many folders on the desktop when you have Windows Explorer?

My toolbar minimizes itself. And the clock is there big so I can see it when laying on my bed.
And I used RocketDock when my desktop looked like this:
yJ0UIWD.png

My toolbar minimizes itself. And the clock is there big so I can see it when laying on my bed.
And I used RocketDock when my desktop looked like this:
yJ0UIWD.png
Since your taskbar minimizes itself you might as well remove the clock from the taskbar :)

That Rocketdock desktop of yours looks really awesome.

Back