Destiny

HOMERUN_09

New game being developed by Bungie that I just ran across:

Destiny Official Site

The Verge article about Destiny unveiling

IGN article

I have to say I am definitely interested in what this game will play like. Considering I have never really played a MMO FPS quite to what the scale of this game sounds like, I am really excited to one day get my hands on something like this.

Also, here is to hoping that this is released on PC since my 360 shit the bed a while back. But, heh, that has about as much chance as me going to PAX this year (a.k.a. ~0%).

New game being developed by Bungie that I just ran across:

Destiny Official Site

The Verge article about Destiny unveiling

IGN article

I have to say I am definitely interested in what this game will play like. Considering I have never really played a MMO FPS quite to what the scale of this game sounds like, I am really excited to one day get my hands on something like this.

Also, here is to hoping that this is released on PC since my 360 shit the bed a while back. But, heh, that has about as much chance as me going to PAX this year (a.k.a. ~0%).

Destiny speculation and a stellar map of sorts has been out for a while but it is nice to see a discussion thread about Destiny on the forums. What I'm interested in seeing is if Destiny will launch as a successful title like the original halo or will it crash and burn.

Destiny speculation and a stellar map of sorts has been out for a while but it is nice to see a discussion thread about Destiny on the forums. What I'm interested in seeing is if Destiny will launch as a successful title like the original halo or will it crash and burn.

Not surprising I guess for me to know that this sin't a very new announcement, but, I am right with you on this one. Bungie, I feel, has a lot riding on this one because let's be honest, when you mention the name Bungie, the majority will only think of Halo. Although this has a similar look to a Halo series, I want to see how long it lasts after release, because even though I am a sucker for quality MMOs, the response from the rest of the player-base is very important to me. Although looks can be deceiving, this just looks quite impressive.

Not surprising I guess for me to know that this sin't a very new announcement, but, I am right with you on this one. Bungie, I feel, has a lot riding on this one because let's be honest, when you mention the name Bungie, the majority will only think of Halo. Although this has a similar look to a Halo series, I want to see how long it lasts after release, because even though I am a sucker for quality MMOs, the response from the rest of the player-base is very important to me. Although looks can be deceiving, this just looks quite impressive.

It does look like an incredible game, I'm skeptical due to the limitations of current gen consoles and Bungies work on Halo: Reach though from a leaked manifesto the first Destiny title is apparently being developed for next gen consoles as well. The most important things for me are a great story usually not found in MMO's, solid gameplay and whether they will attempt a one time payment or subscription based model.

Hmmm, I like the mood of the game's story.... and the setting. It seems the game is going to be something very.... dynamic. I look forward to it....

Back