• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

DFX-MOD and the future

WootyOld

Owner/Programmer
Well, if you havnt noticed, DFX-SURF is up and kickin'! After only a few weeks, it is already very populated. Updates and bug fixes are still being performed on surf, but so far, it has been a major success.

Next on the chat-wagon (?), DFX-MOD. I have recently been seeing its population fall drastically, wether it be to un-funness, bord-ness, or draw to surf, i dont know. Anyways, I will probably soon be changing it to a new mod. Of course, it will always have a touch of DFX, including our consolidated DFX Status and our awsome voting system. I might even leave some of the modes in there. I am looking to choose from one of the following server types, and I would appreciate feedback from you guys on what you would want:

DFX-CLIMB (KZ climbing maps)
DFX-ZOMBIE (Zombie Mod)

Next up, I have found a more than unbeleivable AWSOME web-hosting deal that I can not turn down. Database quality, disk space, bandwidth, and everything else would be mega-boosted and owagifyed (?). What does this mean to you?

1. darkfx.net may be down for a few days
2. XP, point, and map systems may be down for an hour or less
3. After the transfer is complete, no more "Account loading" s***!!!!!!!

Be expecting this transfer around the weekend.

Last, I want to re-emphasize the importance of donations and admin purchasing. With all of this expansion of Dark Effects, prices have gone up, up, up, even with all the great deals im finding. However, not many people are purchasing admin, and finances are running low. Remember, you are the force that keeps Dark Effects alive! We can't be here without your support!

Thanks Again,
Wooty

i think i might know the reason dfx lost alot of popularity, as more ppl became lvl 20+, then u gave free lvl 8, etc, the dfx mod began to interfere with the combat idea behind it; it wasnt about firing your ak for a hs or awping, it was just run up to som1 and spray (or hack)

try making your mod less invasive to the combat aspect; still having insane modes and periods like nade, speed, respawn, gg, etc but not 24/7 (it get boring after a long while)
(1 time use rpgs would own, but i dont think u model)

also, maby getting an exp based on the person u killed's exp and losing exp if like a lvl 1 kills a lvl 18 (wont stop free killing, but dampen it)

a pimped out zombie mod wont be much sucess, after 2 months or so of zombie mod, it gets repetitive, and players start to rely on camping and ai glitches. very few ppl become regulars on a zombie mod server

u really couldnt do much with a kz, that wasnt done with surf

god dfx used to own

i think i might know the reason dfx lost alot of popularity, as more ppl became lvl 20+, then u gave free lvl 8, etc, the dfx mod began to interfere with the combat idea behind it; it wasnt about firing your ak for a hs or awping, it was just run up to som1 and spray (or hack)

try making your mod less invasive to the combat aspect; still having insane modes and periods like nade, speed, respawn, gg, etc but not 24/7 (it get boring after a long while)

That is a possibility. An option may be to weaken all the skills down a bit and maybe even restart everyone back to 0. Maybe... I dunno, what do you think?

(1 time use rpgs would own, but i dont think u model)

model? Have you not seen the old dfx rpgs that have been around for ages? :p

also, maby getting an exp based on the person u killed's exp and losing exp if like a lvl 1 kills a lvl 18 (wont stop free killing, but dampen it)

I cant agree with you more. I was going to do that but never got around to it.

a pimped out zombie mod wont be much sucess, after 2 months or so of zombie mod, it gets repetitive, and players start to rely on camping and ai glitches. very few ppl become regulars on a zombie mod server

I can imagine... Ive never even played zombie :p

u really couldnt do much with a kz, that wasnt done with surf

Wha? I could even cross over the surf and kz point systems...

god dfx used to own

It will own again, I know we will figure out something

That is a possibility. An option may be to weaken all the skills down a bit and maybe even restart everyone back to 0. Maybe... I dunno, what do you think?
i really dont think putting every1 at 0 will help, maby if u weakened many things (like speed, hook, and crit), added things like weapons that arent hl mdls (atleast use cs hands)
and made these weps unlockable with creds, but u would still have to buy them.
Wha? I could even cross over the surf and kz point systems...
i really don see why you would waste your money on a server...
meh, maby i just dont get kz... (i find it long and boring)
It will own again, I know we will figure out something

I like the idea of everyone being reset to 0. Im level 20, and when i went to summer camp, that was above average. Now everyone's level 22. Waaahhh. I liked being able to level so quickly. Reseting levels would be awesome. Also, cut down the exp by a lot, that gives people more time where they need to use skills. I've gotten to the point where if I play normal cs, i rush and die 98% of the time. If i play for a while, ill stop rushing, but it takes an hour.

hey erm i think that the start out lvl fer new ppl should be like 15 that way its more challengeing for us and ppl stay more... because when a lvl 8 goes up against a 20+ it dies and just leaves and never comes back

15?!?!?! wheres the fun? why doesnt double just make everyone have full stats for everything! That way everything is fair and it's just like real CS: No one has any advantage!!

OOH, OOH, I GOT A GOOD IDEA!!! How about, every 3 months or so, everyone gets zapped back to level 0! every 6 months would work too

interesting idea, i think people would get kinda pissed though :l

OHOHOH! One more idea!
Your xp drops over time, the higher level you are, the faster it drops. So, eventually, your just earning xp to keep your self from down-leveling?

I wouldn't really mind if you changed the server into another mod since not many people even join the server, but if you do change it into something else do you think maybe some of the higher lvls on dfx could get extra xp or some levels on the new mod whichever it may be?

I think a reason that normal DFX is not getting anyone is because when i pull up a list of servers, normal DFX never shows up, even when i take off all filters and there's 12000 servers showing up. I can only get on it by IP.

Update-- I can find it now, but i have to wait a while for it to show up. What happened to the Player mask that put it at 31/32?

the relay server (31/32) has been down for a while, i just got it back up after doing some system upgrades

Back