• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

diamond finder texture pack cheating

if diamond finder texture packs are so bad, then why is something not done about it? Why dont server ban the texture packs themselves or something so that people who dont know about these rules (Like me, I'm currently banned for it but hopefully I'll be forgiven:confused:) wont get banned?

You can only minimally address it from the server side with Notch's current structure. The problem is the entire chunk data is sent to the client, so your machine already knows what is/isn't available in that particular chunk of blocks. Texture packs just omit the common blocks (stone, cobble, etc.) from the chunk stream to allow you to see what's underneath.

It is still monitorable from a server side, as obviously most folks legitimately wouldn't be destroying diamond blocks ever 10 to 20 seconds for hours on end in any normal mining pattern. Not to mention that kind of thing tends to show up in player history, this is all stored in a database after all. Not to mention, it's pretty easy to tell when somebody is mining in complete darkness without skipping a beat.

In summary: Cheats are bad, m'kay ... you shouldn't do it, m'kay.

well i just thought it was a good way to get diamonds even though i only ended up getting 11 diamonds from it (WHICH I WILL TRASH AS SOON AS I GET BACK ON (If i get back on:() so i do not believe it is all that effective

Yes, it is a good way to get diamonds but its CHEATING. Cheating's definition - Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, esp. in a game or examination. Being able to see through blocks is a little unfair.

ok, ok i admit it was a bad thing to do and it is definitly cheating (not that i didnt admit this in the first place) I'm just hoping dearly that i get back on the server

I remember you saying in chat that you were using one and then someone said that Xray packs aren't allowed....

Its ok you will be unbanned... if you give all of the diamonds to me. (this totally wasn't stolen from another ban appeal post)

OK! JEEZ i get it! xrays are for cheaters!! im not a cheater! so I wont use it anymore! and squeebz, i have no idea what ur talking about. And waffles i dont believe you have the authority to take those diamonds for yourself, i'll give them to an admin or mod.

There are server mods that keep transparent texture packs from working. And we shouldn't have to install these mods to regulate the users that don't read our rules! But nonetheless diamonds are what run our Minecraft economy and if you cheat for them,well, it's just unfair. And it is very hard to have a valid argument to appeal a ban for a diamond finding texture pack. So good luck on your ban and I hope that a admin will show some mercy and unban you. But I'm afraid you can't blame this one on your little brother.

Xray packs = cheating
Being smart and doing it the way thegurw did it = priceless

Gurw gamed the system, which takes a little bit of math to do, kinda like counting cards in vegas... you make out with a good bit of cash, but you could find yourself in a back room with your head in a vice if you are caught doing it.

He did it using probability and used the co ordinates.

Notch is a very skilled games programmer but from what people the internet say he's not that hot on his algorithms for the ore spawns, for example due to a mistake in the algorithm clay veins used to only spawn when the x and z values were the same. Also there was/ not sure if it still is that the south western quarter of the map spawned ores more frequently than others.

So therefore there should also be a similar pattern with the way in which diamond ore blocks are spawned what gurw did was used the cordinates he found diamonds at to reverse engineer the pattern. A bit like watching a loaded dice to find out the side it is biased for.

He did it using probability and used the co ordinates.

Notch is a very skilled games programmer but from what people the internet say he's not that hot on his algorithms for the ore spawns, for example due to a mistake in the algorithm clay veins used to only spawn when the x and z values were the same. Also there was/ not sure if it still is that the south western quarter of the map spawned ores more frequently than others.

So therefore there should also be a similar pattern with the way in which diamond ore blocks are spawned what gurw did was used the cordinates he found diamonds at to reverse engineer the pattern. A bit like watching a loaded dice to find out the side it is biased for.

Thats all forms of awsome!!

Back