Dota 2 or LoL?

Vengeance

Witch do you prefer. In my opinion i LOVE Dota 2 it's more strategic and made for the hardcore gamers, While in LoL it's more forgiving and you can come back from almost any fight. Give me your thoughts and opinions on why one is better then the other? And don't say the graphics In fact Dota 2 has better graphics , you can use and destroy the terrain, while in Lol you can't but i like the cartoony cell shaded look of it. (plus it runs for good old crappy laptops like mine) i enjoy both but i like Dota 2 more.

Well that is an interesting question. As someone who has played and viewed quite a bit of dota 2, I will say it has at least kept my attention. I love learning and mastering new things, and I guess I also enjoy the competition with others. So perhaps the complexity of dota 2 is something I value more over LoL? That being said, I recently started playing Leauge for the sort of second time (really the first time to be honest), and I have enjoyed the comparatively more relaxed nature of the game. However I still have my gripes with Leauge, as well as the mild shock of not having access to all the "champions" upon first load. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as it perhaps focuses a player more on who they can aford, who they are good with/at, and what they are willing to put into the game. But that doesn't mean that I like the limitation.

All that being said dota 2 makes you hate life and hate other people and I have yet to get AS much of that in Leauge, albeit I'm only level 8 or something (ha).

Witch do you prefer. In my opinion i LOVE Dota 2 it's more strategic and made for the hardcore gamers, While in LoL it's more forgiving and you can come back from almost any fight. Give me your thoughts and opinions on why one is better then the other? And don't say the graphics In fact Dota 2 has better graphics , you can use and destroy the terrain, while in Lol you can't but i like the cartoony cell shaded look of it. (plus it runs for good old crappy laptops like mine) i enjoy both but i like Dota 2 more.
Dota 2 is a lot harder, and has more pro-skill and anti-fun mechanics.

League is more simple, straight forward, yet has a slightly more toxic community.

If you want to play for fun, and have thick skin, go for League. (and add me)
If you want to play simply to become God of all things, play Dota, (and good luck, add me on steam reguardless)

League has a better learning curve than Dota in my opinion. I played Dota 2 for a bit while it was in closed beta before league, and the controls felt wonky for me, and going back to dota after about 3 years of league, they still do.

I enjoyed the weekly free champs better than everything unlocked as when I was starting because it is easier to keep track of what champions can do, at least for me.

League is much more enjoyable for me.

Cons and Pros of each game... in my opininion :

Dota

Pros

- Lack of meta, you can take your hero any lane you want without some morons screaming at you.
- Complex Heroes like Invoker and Earth spirit.
- DESTRUCTIBLE TREES :D
- I kinda like the slightly bigger map.
- River Runes
- Queen of Pain
- Couriers

Cons

- Turn speed -___-
- Loss of vision from elevated areas. It may be realistic, but's it's annoying IMO.
- Zeus
- Chaos Knight
- Most abilities are targeted
- Most abilities are passives
- Dota farming :eek:

LoL

Pros
- Most abilities are skillshots
- LoL farming :D
- Ahri
- I like how abilities scale here...
- Masteries and Runes
- Summoner spells make the game more intense IMO
- Minions are more adorable here
- It's more forgiving for nubs like me.

Cons
- Riot games acting sooo lazy sometimes. And fuck their ninja nerfs.
- TERRIBLE client
- The Meta
- Caitlyn
- Teemo
- Jax
- Adcs
- Community is slightly more stupid.

Cons and Pros of each game... in my opininion :

Dota

Pros

- Lack of meta, you can take your hero any lane you want without some morons screaming at you.
- Complex Heroes like Invoker and Earth spirit.
- DESTRUCTIBLE TREES :D
- I kinda like the slightly bigger map.
- River Runes
- Queen of Pain
- Couriers

Cons

- Turn speed -___-
- Loss of vision from elevated areas. It may be realistic, but's it's annoying IMO.
- Zeus
- Chaos Knight
- Most abilities are targeted
- Most abilities are passives
- Dota farming :eek:

LoL

Pros
- Most abilities are skillshots
- LoL farming :D
- Ahri
- I like how abilities scale here...
- Masteries and Runes
- Summoner spells make the game more intense IMO
- Minions are more adorable here
- It's more forgiving for nubs like me.

Cons
- Riot games acting sooo lazy sometimes. And fuck their ninja nerfs.
- TERRIBLE client
- The Meta
- Caitlyn
- Teemo
- Jax
- Adcs
- Community is slightly more stupid.

But my question states, witch do YOU prefer?

I don't think I have a place to really say anything, being I've only played Dota 2 a few times with a friend once, but I haven't even touched League of Legends due to the fact that it seems to be this abyss that sucks everyone into it. People I know that play Dota 2 just play it as whatever, but a lot of people who play League of Legends get absolutely consumed by it and do nothing but talk about it, and I pretty much hate even without playing it because of how much I've heard about it.

League of legends. xD

There are many things I like about Dota, but I just think LoL feels more dynamic.

And I'm also a really bad player, so I prefer the easier game.
Thank you for seemingly being the only other person who calls it "League of Legends" instead of shortening it to one very common word.

I don't think I have a place to really say anything, being I've only played Dota 2 a few times with a friend once, but I haven't even touched League of Legends due to the fact that it seems to be this abyss that sucks everyone into it. People I know that play Dota 2 just play it as whatever, but a lot of people who play League of Legends get absolutely consumed by it and do nothing but talk about it, and I pretty much hate even without playing it because of how much I've heard about it.

I thought the hardcore game was supposed to be the one with the raging fans. :confused:

Yo even if you don't play Dota/League you've gotta check out Valve's tournament which they are hosting a couple weeks from now. The International 2014 is going to have a prizepool of over $10,000,000 and is completely free to watch from within the game client (or you could check the livestream on Twitch).

I'm surprised more people on this website aren't interested in Dota 2 considering how it's pretty much the most played game on Steam.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/27/5843926/dota-2-prize-pool-the-international-10m

http://www.dota2.com/international/announcement

Only a couple of years before "esports" becomes legit. iirc League is already considered a sport.

I've been playing League for over three years, so I'll toss in my two cents.

I think both games, when it comes down to it, have redeeming qualities and extremely high learning curves. The learning curve is what makes League fun to me. The difference in skill between League tiers (Silver 3 to Gold 3, for example) is often HUGE. It gets only bigger as the tier difference increases. A gold elo lane will win against the bronze lane probably 80% of the time. When I go against silver opponents (I'm gold) it's usually easy. It becomes a walk in the park if my opponents are bronze. However, I'm not calling myself an amazing player by any means. Platinum and Diamond players push me to the edge of my skills, and usually I will lose. It's good knowing I will always have a challenge.

If I think the reason I've played League for so long is that the game is extremely dynamic and every single game is different. Dota 2 games, like all Mobas, are also very dynamic.

I don't really like comparing Moba games because truthfully, they're very different from each other despite having similar game mechanics. If I had to give someone advice about picking League of Legends or Dota 2, I'd tell them to try out both games and see which one they like more.

I've been playing League for over three years, so I'll toss in my two cents.

I think both games, when it comes down to it, have redeeming qualities and extremely high learning curves. The learning curve is what makes League fun to me. The difference in skill between League tiers (Silver 3 to Gold 3, for example) is often HUGE. It gets only bigger as the tier difference increases. A gold elo lane will win against the bronze lane probably 80% of the time. When I go against silver opponents (I'm gold) it's usually easy. It becomes a walk in the park if my opponents are bronze. However, I'm not calling myself an amazing player by any means. Platinum and Diamond players push me to the edge of my skills, and usually I will lose. It's good knowing I will always have a challenge.

If I think the reason I've played League for so long is that the game is extremely dynamic and every single game is different. Dota 2 games, like all Mobas, are also very dynamic.

I don't really like comparing Moba games because truthfully, they're very different from each other despite having similar game mechanics. If I had to give someone advice about picking League of Legends or Dota 2, I'd tell them to try out both games and see which one they like more.
STAHP MAKING FUN OF US BRONZIES. ;(

I've played League of Legends, and only League of Legends. I've heard good and bad things about DotA, so you should try them both out, and see which one you like better.

I prefer LoL , dota feels as though it has too many unneeded overly complex features in it such as turn speed.

League is a much more simple game by its mechanics but its just as deep as dota in the highest competitive level.

Just try both games, play whatever you like :)

I have had extensive play on League of Legends, Dota 2, and even Smite. These being the three biggest games in their genre, there's a lot of fighting over which is better. In my personal opinion the gameplay is so different between the three and they all have their own pros and cons that I personally don't think any one is better. Yes, I have spent far more time on LoL than any other MOBA game as it was the first MOBA I knew how to play and also the one I'm best at. But each of them are equally fun and equally good.

Back