Dumb PC Question(s)

moondoggy23

I'm browsing some PCs online and looking at their spec, when I notice two for sale on newegg that are nearly identical with exception to the graphics chip and the processor. One PC has an Intel i5 4430 and the other has an Intel i5 3330. I've looked them both up, and I can't see a difference between the two chips. Could someone enlighten me?

You can compare Intel processors on their webpage here.

I compared the two, and the most important distance seems to be that the 4430 has Turbo Boost technology, which, according to that page:
dynamically increases the processor's frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom to give you a burst of speed when you need it, and increased energy efficiency when you don’t.

There are some other minor differences, just go to that page, select them, and see for yourself :thumbsup:

Regarding graphics: realistically, do not plan to do anything aside from 1080p video with intel graphics. Virtually all modern intel graphics chips will do 1080p video just fine, but any gaming will be unplayable. There is no reason to choose one over the other.

Invest a little bit more in a real graphics card.

Regarding graphics: realistically, do not plan to do anything aside from 1080p video with intel graphics. Virtually all modern intel graphics chips will do 1080p video just fine, but any gaming will be unplayable. There is no reason to choose one over the other.

Invest a little bit more in a real graphics card.

I'm planning on getting a graphics card if/whenever I buy/build a new PC, I just noticed the differences between those two processors and wanted some better explanation between the two.

Speaking of graphics cards...from what I can determine from browsing around, the NVIDIA GeForce 650 on the first PC seems to be a pretty solid card. Agree, disagree?

I'm browsing some PCs online and looking at their spec, when I notice two for sale on newegg that are nearly identical with exception to the graphics chip and the processor. One PC has an Intel i5 4430 and the other has an Intel i5 3330. I've looked them both up, and I can't see a difference between the two chips. Could someone enlighten me?
Their onboard graphics are different, and their socket types are different.

if you can try and get a 700 series card

I may when the day comes that I finally get the opportunity to buy/build a new PC. I saw this one and I liked it and saw a similar one and noticed the slight differences. If I had to buy a PC today, I'd probably buy the first one. Maybe.

EDIT: Lenovo's aren't too bad overall, are they?

I may when the day comes that I finally get the opportunity to buy/build a new PC. I saw this one and I liked it and saw a similar one and noticed the slight differences. If I had to buy a PC today, I'd probably buy the first one. Maybe.

EDIT: Lenovo's aren't too bad overall, are they?
thats what i use, a lenovo

Back