E3 2013 and Nintendo Direct Discussion Thread

littlespedve

With E3 just a few short days away, I thought it would be cool to have a discussion thread.

What do you want to see? What's important to you as a gamer right now? What'll get you excited for the next generation?

We know how Microsoft's doing right now, with the Xbox One being ripped on at any chance possible, with good reason some of the time. But I think the Xbox One will still sell well and get all the multi-plats, DRM doesn't seem to be going anywhere. The biggest problem I see right now with the Xbox replacing your cable box and everything is countries that don't even have compatible providers, so they miss out on a lot of what the One offers. And I do have some privacy issues. I know Microsoft won't put video's of me scratching my balls up on the internet, but it's still kind of weird to have a camera always on in the room.

Sony seems like the way to go for multi-plats right now, it doesn't look like Sony's trying to do what Microsoft is doing, which is everything. They know that people want a gaming console, and not some glorified Netlix, and NFL score viewer. Although things you would expect like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Video will be there. Sony hasn't spoken much on the DRM thing, but they said they would "do the right thing". Which could be in favor of developers, or the consumers.

Nintendo really needs to show something during Nintendo Direct. The Wii U is flopping hard right now, and it's almost entirely due to the lack of games. Pikmin was supposed to be a launch title, Rayman was supposed to come out earlier, right now we're sitting on Monster Hunter 3: U, and Lego City. But from what I've already seen, the 3DS will be fine. All Nintendo needs to do there is show a teaser for Zelda ALttP 2 and a game or two and call it a day. We have a ton of games to play, and Animal Crossing coming out in TWO DAYS.

Various things I'm looking for:
-Oculus Rift (The engineer behind the project just passed away, I don't know if we'll see a presence.)
-Fallout 4 (Bethesda I love you even more if you do this. PLEASE.)
-Elder Scrolls Online footage (More of first person gameplay, I want it to play like Elder Scrolls, not WoW.)
-Zelda U game footage (Unlikely but I would need new pants if we got some.)
-Mario U is a Sunshine spin-off (I would need more pants.)
-Something from Rare that isn't Kinect Sports (Conker pls.)
-Mirrors Edge 2 (There was a listing on Amazon, it could happen.)
-Something from Tomb Raider 2013 devs (That game was fantastic.)
-Steambox (Does Valve have a press conference at E3? I don't think they do.)
-Earthbound anything
-Starfox anything (Please Starfox Adventures 2.)
-F-Zero anything
-Metroid anything (With online multiplayer.)
-Majora's Mask 3D (Unlikely with WW HD coming out soon.)
-A nice lineup of Sony exclusives to start off the next gen

What do you guys want to see at E3?

Destiny and if Microsoft somehow pulls their balls out of the very, very deep and hot frying pan they're currently entering.

Smash is coming back. And with two new characters!
At long last. Megaman in a Smash Bros game.

EDIT: So I just saw the Megaman video. Is there going to be a kind of loadout system so you can pick which robot master weapons you use or are they going to introduce a formula where you can use more than four special moves? Also Metal Blade FTW!

So... one of the new characters in the Smash Brothers game is the Wii Fit Trainer.
tumblr_mo8uf13JiV1qijtn7o4_500.gif

... Riveting??? I hope that's a sign that there's so many characters in the game that they decided to throw everyone they could think of in the roster.

At long last. Megaman in a Smash Bros game.

EDIT: So I just saw the Megaman video. Is there going to be a kind of loadout system so you can pick which robot master weapons you use or are they going to introduce a formula where you can use more than four special moves? Also Metal Blade FTW!

from what I was looking at it (i watched the dev interview) basically each of the "modes" you saw are probably b attacks/ smashs/ air attacks. for example the leaf shield is probably the down b combo. I'm excited because from the looks of it this smash took out tripping and sped up the combat alot which would be nice for more competitive gameplay.

pokemanz = nuff said

mario kart 8 looks nice.

wind waker looked pretty

bayonetta 2 = nuff said

Back