• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Ermahgerd guyz, I made a vidyo!

Casham

So, I ventured out into the unknown lands of video editing, which I have absolutely no experience in.

It was a trip full of moments such as; 'What does this button do?', 'Where did my video just go?! :confused:', 'What even am I doing?', 'Why the hell is this one minute long video over 2gb's!?' and not to forget such classics as 'Dat sheep ass'.

tg1ac.png

I will admit, it was an experience. . . The sort of experience that you would associate with a 10,000 piece puzzle constructed out of smashed up bits of a mirror. It was challenging, rewarding and surprisingly fun.

Those joyful moments were mainly attributed to the brainstorming of new ideas and pushing those ideas into fruition.

genius.png

One of my main gripes was with the uploading of content, my upload speed being at around 400-500kbit, or 50kb/s, it is an absolute pain in the ass when uploading large files. This file totalled at 377mb, so it took just little over two hours to upload to Youtube.

tM3IK.png

In terms of the filesize, I'm not sure if that is acceptable for a video that is only 1 minute and 34 seconds long. However that being said, this is a 720p video running at a bitrate of 8mbit.

I still have a lot to learn, so if anyone with experience can critique or give advice that would be welcomed.

I used Fraps to record, Photoshop to edit images and Sony Vegas to compile.

sam-kekovich.jpg
Cheers,
Casham.

Back