Europa Universalis 4 on sale for $9.99! (From $39.99)

Kris

Really good game, I've put 200 hours into it since Christmas.

It's a very in depth country simulator game running from 1444 to 1821. Loads of fun, I recommend everyone who likes Civilization to pick it up, especially if you think you'd enjoy a more realistic and complex version of the game.

Not going to go do in-detail, but the sale likely won't last long, and it likely won't happen again until another expasion release, but I'd certainly love to see a game night for this game.

I apologize for lack of formatting/information, it's 7 AM.

Buy it.
(It's on Steam)

With 300 hours I'd highly reccomend it, if you enjoy large stratergy games.

Easiest Paradox grand strategy to get into, however it still has an annoying as hell learning curve, people with thousands of hours in the game still scratch their heads at the trade system. Doesn't help Paradox Interactive keep making changes to the game, with Common Sense (the new DLC) they've pretty much revamped the game into something nearly different to the original.

But yeah, try and snag a few of the major first DLC's as well. They improve the game. A lot.
Like, I got the first three DLC's in a pack, or a humble bundle, or something. Much better that way.

Basically there's 6 major game changing DLC's

1st - Conquest of Paradise
2nd - Wealth of Nations
3rd - Res Publica
4th - Art of War
5th - El Dorado
6th - Common Sense

Get /atleast/ the first three.
They're on sale, all together right now, for about...
Together? $7.50 or there abouts.

If you want to see gameplay of it, I'd recommend watching DDRJake, he's a scottish streamer who was so good at finding bugs in the game, he got hired by PDHX to QA test the game from them.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DDRJake

Another streamer is Arumba, don't personally watch him but I'unno, variation is nice.
https://www.youtube.com/user/arumba07

But yeah, try and snag a few of the major first DLC's as well. They improve the game. A lot.
Like, I got the first three DLC's in a pack, or a humble bundle, or something. Much better that way.

Basically there's 6 major game changing DLC's

1st - Conquest of Paradise
2nd - Wealth of Nations
3rd - Res Publica
4th - Art of War
5th - El Dorado
6th - Common Sense

Get /atleast/ the first three.
In terms of importance I'd rank Art of War much higher, as it provides far more useful content than Res Publica, which doesn't provide as many useful features for general gameplay (vis a vis bonus stuff for republics). Transferring occupation control, allied objectives, revolutionary countries and religious league wars are more vital to the game experience IMO, although national focuses are a nice thing to have.

In terms of importance I'd rank Art of War much higher, as it provides far more useful content than Res Publica, which doesn't provide as many useful features for general gameplay (vis a vis bonus stuff for republics). Transferring occupation control, allied objectives, revolutionary countries and religious league wars are more vital to the game experience IMO, although national focuses are a nice thing to have.

I was just saying that's the order in which they come in mainly.

Hellz yeah Art of War is much better, but it's significantly /cheeper/ to get those other three.
Art of War is also on sale for 75% off, so do also grab that if you want to sink more than 200 hours into a game.

Back