Ever heard of All4Gamer?

Jazz007

All4Gamer: Some company that supposedly sells video game-related products. In truth, acculy is behind-the-scenes scammer.

Upon checking out her online bank statement yesterday, my mother found a suspicious charge of $9.93 from some company named All4Gamer. Now, she's never heard of it before, but she knows that I might have heard of it, knowing that I'm an avid gamer. She asks if I may have accidentally gone and bought something with her information; I go, "No. Even if I tried to buy something with your credentials, I don't know where your card is, nor do I remember the number." [Note: I'm pretty good at remembering certain long strings of numbers that I use frequently.]

Now, we don't know who bought this $9.93 of some mysterious something from All4Gamer. Lucky for us, there's a phone number on the entry in the bank statement. While my mother goes to call the company, I do a quick Google search for "all 4 gamer".

Here's the Google search result. Note the first 3 entries. (If they're not from the same website, here's what I saw:)
Scambook Report 87160 << This is most informative
Scambook Report 100958
Scambook Report 87774

Bama12 said:
... If most people don't check their accounts and this company does small charges to a large group of people, they will make a large profit. ...
If you read this person's full report, it's basically the same scenario as what we just did. My mother called the number, spoke to a woman about buying a PS3 (which we have no related products for), heard incorrect information about her billing address, and got the issue pending to be resolved within 2-3 business days. Now, we're about to head to the bank to cut my mother's bank card.
This company will eventually cross the wrong person, a lawyer, and something will be done.
Unfortunately, nobody in our immediate family is a lawyer. I got a glimpse at the website itself and it looked too plain to be an effective seller. *bloo_suspicious.mp3*

Maybe you guys might have some input on this?
Thx for reading.

TL;DR: See above.

(we're also gonna try to get me a bank card so I can possibly make online purchases! :D *bison_YES.png*)

You should call your bank to stop that payment immediately. You should call the Better Business Bureau. Hopefully your mother did not correct their misinformation. I would not have called that number.

You should call your bank to stop that payment immediately. You should call the Better Business Bureau. Hopefully your mother did not correct their misinformation. I would not have called that number.
We went to the bank to get this sorted out. The original card is stopped, so we'll have a new one by Saturday. A dispute has been filed, but the payment had already gone through before we could stop it.

The rep told us that even if we did provide the company with our account number, it would not have made a difference as they would've already had it; that's how we got charged in the first place.

All we told this All4Gamer was my mother's last name and that the address was incorrect. We did not provide any corrections.

---
As far as my potential ability to have online funds, it's not happening for the next 5 months. Luckily, our bank provides free checking accounts, so I'll be able to have one when I'm 17. A year after, I'll be allowed a debit card to my name. The waiting game begins... :/

Back