Fallout 4

Not sure if I should bit or not.

Unrelated...there are no cool MC fallout vaults anywhere... the folks on youtube only seem wanted to demonstrate their awesome redstone doors.
I built a replica vault to scale on the ~old~ server when our towns got "Nuked" by the griefers.
I would be willing to participate, but only if it's genuine. No animal farms, no overly complicated lag machine bullshit.

I'd be cool with that, animals are out of place anyway. Maybe near the current location on the current server in the mountain range nearby.

Missed a few other posts around it:

There's a IOS Game app released called Fallout Shelter where you're the Overseering managing the Vault
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-15-surprise-fallout-shelter-ios-game-out-tonight

Other notes I've missed, you can build your own house/town as there is a huge crafting system overhaul coming. You can see specifics in the E3 Video
http://www.wired.com/2015/06/fallout-4-release-date/

E3 Video Demo Link (Full 30 Minute Broadcast):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0E4wviq9Jc

Last edited:
I've got to hand it to Bethesda, that pipboy + app is actually a gimmick I really want to buy into.

Fallout 4, unsurprisingly, looks impressive.

I've got to hand it to Bethesda, that pipboy + app is actually a gimmick I really want to buy into.

Fallout 4, unsurprisingly, looks impressive.

Just installed the FallOut Shelter app on my ipad this morning. Looks like I will now have something to play with while I fly out tomorrow...Timing is awesome

Trying to dig up the Min Specs for the game as nothing is yet published...Only found the following so far:

Fallout 4 Game Engine

The ageing Gamebryo game engine used on Fallout 3 and New Vegas was definitely starting to look long in the tooth back in 2010. And so Bethesda has told us that Fallout 4 will be running on a new version of Bethesda's own Creation Engine. The Creation Engine was designed for Skyrim to help with huge draw open world distances and to enable impressive weather effects. We know also that Skyrim was very quickly patched to unlock significant use of RAM and GPU resource that PCs had over consoles. Making the game world come alive even more.

With that in mind let's take a look at some predicted Fallout 4 recommended system requirements and get you guys into the conversation below to see what you think the F4 system requirements are going to look like.

Fallout 4 System Requirements (Speculative)
•OS: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 or Windows 8 and above
•CPU: Intel Core i5-760 2.8GHz / Phenom II X4 970
•RAM: 8 GB System Memory
•GPU VRAM: 2GB
•GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 or AMD Radeon R9 280
•HD:eek: 28 GB Free Hard Drive Space
•DX: DirectX 11

Traditionally, one of the cool things about Fallout and the Creation Engine in Skyrim is its ability to scale back its PC requirements. Making minimum PC requirements a lot more manageable on older machines. And so the minimum Fallout 4 requirements are likely going to be a lot lower.

Right then guys, if you want to see how that feels on your PC right now then head over to our Fallout 4 system requirement game page to check it out. We will be in close contact with Bethesda between now and November 11th to update this. Also I am looking forward to seeing what you guys can dig out from around the net, to share with us fellow GD'ers interested in this next massive Fallout game. Let me know below.

http://www.game-debate.com/news/?ne...4 Summary and Speculative System Requirements

I have the biggest Nuka-Cola chub going on right now about this entire thing on Fallout. Just watched the replay of the E3 announcement....

I WANT THAT DAMNED PIPBOY! Even if I have to murder people to get it!!!!!! I'll nuke Megaton if it gets me a Pip-Boy!

I have the biggest Nuka-Cola chub going on right now about this entire thing on Fallout. Just watched the replay of the E3 announcement....

I WANT THAT DAMNED PIPBOY! Even if I have to murder people to get it!!!!!! I'll nuke Megaton if it gets me a Pip-Boy!
you can either buy the collector's edition, or buy one of the million fan-made ones that are the exact same thing...

It's supposed to be coming.
I swear, if they pull the same bullshit that R* did with GTAV's companion app when they release their pipboy app, I will be extremely pissed. R* released it for Apple owners immediately, then for android 5 months later (and it didn't work on 95% of android phones)...

Y'know what, they should release it for android users first since the game is fucking set in Boston. The Commonwealth. Where the fucking androids in the series' lore come from...

Fuck Apple.

-salt mode activated-

Last edited:
It could've been a price they had to pay to get the game up on the apple store that quickly, or something.

Who knows, it's all speculation really.
Here's hoping they put them all on Android, even though I own neither.

Back