• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Flashflame8's 1.9 pre release review!

flashflame8

Hey all you t9kers! After my 1.8 review, I saw that 1.9 pre-release came out...
Lets get started!

Blocks added!
2011-09-22_16.34.12.png

Netherstone fence, nether brick, blaze rod, ghast tear, Nether wart, and the gold nugget, dropped by zombie pigmen.
The gold nugget can be used to make gold ingots. The ghast tear, nether wart, and the blaze rod have no use right now.
Mobs added!
One of my personal favorites, the Mooshroom!
150px-Mooshroom.png

The mooshroom spawns in mushroom biomes, and has 2 mushrooms on its back and one on its head. When you shear it, it will drop 3-5 mushrooms and turn back into a normal cow. If it is killed, it will drop wha ta normal cow usually drops.

Lily pads,
2011-09-22_19.49.10.png

randomly generate in lakes.

Snow golem
Another favorite, the snow golem!
The snow golem is a craftable mob. It will not harm the player, (It couldnt even if it was hostile) but will provoke mobs my throwing snowballs at them, making them suicidal. When snow golems move, they leave a trail of snow. (Could be used for snowball farms)
Materials: 2 snow blocks, 1 pumpkin.
Step one:
2011-09-22_18.58.11.png

Step 2:
2011-09-22_18.59.16.png

Step 3:
2011-09-22_19.00.24.png

after placing the pumpkin on the snow, the snow golem will spawn. As you might notice, it travels kind of fast.

Villagers
The new mob that spawns in npc villages! There are 5 types of them. They have the name of 'TESTIFICATE'. They are a passive mob. If you open their door in their houses, they will go out.
Farmer:
Testificate.png

Butcher:
butcher.png

Librarian:
Librarian.png

Priest:
Priest.png

Blacksmith:
Blacksmith.png

Blaze
150px-Blaze.png

a new mob that will spawn in the nether. It can shoot 3 fireballs rapidly at you and will catch fire, in which it needs to cool down to be able to shoot 3 more. They will spawn from blaze spawners in the nether ruins.
800px-New_Nether_2.jpg

Last but not least, the Magma cube!
Magma_Cube.png

the magma cube is very similar to slimes. When they jump, they show a fire core. They also are very spring like.
Cubejump.png

Glitches:
*You gain exp while jumping.
*Biome sharing, as you can see on the tree.
2011-09-22_19.44.48.png

Thanks for reading!
~Flashflame8

YEAH NETHER RUINS! up until this point the Nether bored me: portal->....its dark (or surrounded by lavafalls)->random pigmen here and there-> GHAST KILLING ME! RUN BACK TO THE PORTAL!!! :eek:

Back