force player disconnect before server restart

number_J

inventories/levels/hotbar not saved on server restart on that manual restart, as well as position
seems like block placement was in order

Um.

I don't even understand...
If you remember from the last map, Woot had set it up so that all players were kicked before the server actually reset. This ensured that player items and levels were saved before it closed, as it didn't save the map and player inventories at the same time on shutdown. It would save the world first, and then inventories.

Previous to that being put into place, the server would sometimes restart before it had a chance to save player inventory, which means that any changes to your inventory since the last time you logged in would be gone. If you had taken items out of a chest or mined materials, it would be gone in the map, and from your inventory, so you couldn't get them again. Which I'm assuming is happening now (Haven't been on myself, so I don't know for sure).

I hope I didn't make that sound more complicated than it really is.

Not a bug. Also posted in the wrong place.
How come ? Its in questions / problems section and tbh this is problem. Its not problem with the server, i am not suggesting a change, yet problem is really at your end. Its not a bug, improvement or feature request as normal restarts dont have this problem. Its just reminder that when you do this type of restart ( once upon a time ), it would be awesome to force players to dc. Thats about it.

I hope I didn't make that sound more complicated than it really is.
Spot on description. Here are pictures before and after reboot.
2012-07-28_21.03.15.PNG 2012-07-28_21.03.33.PNG 2012-07-28_21.05.35.PNG

That's a suggestion for an improvement. This forum is for questions that other people can answer. The other forum is for things that admins need to take care of.

Back