Game Ideas

Serenity595

Game ideas. I'm sure we've all thought of at least one. Tell us yours!

Here is mine (I apologize for the ambiguity in its description; the idea is still being thought out):

Code Red

emt93.jpg

Many games that come out these days are all about killing because of humanity's violent nature. However, developers could make a game about saving lives instead of ending them. The premise is that you are a medical personnel in an apocalyptic world (note, not post-apocalyptic) where helping people survive is your job. Your main goal is to rescue an important figure of some sort. Along the way, you meet many interesting characters, some who will help you, and others who will try to hurt you. On your journey to save the important figure, you will battle fires, hysteria, riots, rogue military units, thieves, and more. But, you will battle them not with guns but with sharp wit, goodwill, smart thinking, and a few good punches here and there. Killing even a single person would have severe consequences. Enemies will also not always be enemies, nor will they always want to kill you either. This would make the game very emotional and immersive for the player because they would have to make tough decisions on morality and life. This game would focus mainly on singleplayer, but a multiplayer component could be implemented as well. Game modes could include things such as "Search & Rescue", "Blood Drive" (literally, drive), and the like.

What do you think? :)

My reasons are the same as Pyro's, along with the fact that my ideas that I will put into motion sometime in the future aren't even near ready to be shown publicly.

I would post some of my ideas but I'm afraid someone will steal it and claim it's their own idea.
My reasons are the same as Pyro's, along with the fact that my ideas that I will put into motion sometime in the future aren't even near ready to be shown publicly.

Perhaps a compromise could be made? Such as giving just a very general description such as it's genre and something unique or interesting you hope to have in it. Be it a deep story, interesting character(s), or new gameplay mechanic. I would be very disappointed if this thread turned into a "2 secret 4 u" type of thing. I'd much rather have some fun with it.

One of my video game ideas that I had quite some time ago was that of an "Action Adventure/City Building Simulator" sort of thing. To clarify my perhaps puzzling genre description, you would become the mayor of a developing city, as well as being able to choose what type of businesses, companies, and establishments to add to the city. This is where the city simulation part of the idea stems from.

The Action Adventure part will come from the ability to explore your city as you construct it. You can visit any of the buildings, cause all sorts of shenanigans, and be fairly free to do whatever you please, being that you are the mayor and this is your city! I have a general story in my mind, as well as the characters, or even the possibility of some sort of multiplayer aspect. But I'll refrain from going too deep into my idea, unless, perhaps interest dictates otherwise. As far as design goes, I imagine it as a 2D game, art being something goofy and simplistic to fit nicely with the more comical style of game I picture it being.

Evil Corporation game

In a capitalist based society, your objective is to run/take over every business in your town, then your region, country and eventually intergalactic worlds. Fail to do so, and your business shrinks.

Allocate your funds carefully, one mishap can put you on space tribunal where hefty fines have to be paid and mistrust of the public ruins your rating.

Abuse your power, outsource your labor on backwater worlds to gain an edge over your competitors and bribe the council. Or make moral choices that keeps your business rating high but expansive enough to uncover more competitors on the ladder. Your choices affect whom you meet.

The final boss is Handsome Jack. (On the DLC)

Write a guide on how-to overcome Wayne and Stark Industries because thats one of the toughest levels in the game.

Choose the Light or Dark Side of the Force legitimate business practices and other references you can think of.

Game ideas. I'm sure we've all thought of at least one. Tell us yours!

Here is mine (I apologize for the ambiguity in its description; the idea is still being thought out):

Code Red

emt93.jpg

Many games that come out these days are all about killing because of humanity's violent nature. However, developers could make a game about saving lives instead of ending them. The premise is that you are a medical personnel in an apocalyptic world (note, not post-apocalyptic) where helping people survive is your job. Your main goal is to rescue an important figure of some sort. Along the way, you meet many interesting characters, some who will help you, and others who will try to hurt you. On your journey to save the important figure, you will battle fires, hysteria, riots, rogue military units, thieves, and more. But, you will battle them not with guns but with sharp wit, goodwill, smart thinking, and a few good punches here and there. Killing even a single person would have severe consequences. Enemies will also not always be enemies, nor will they always want to kill you either. This would make the game very emotional and immersive for the player because they would have to make tough decisions on morality and life. This game would focus mainly on singleplayer, but a multiplayer component could be implemented as well. Game modes could include things such as "Search & Rescue", "Blood Drive" (literally, drive), and the like.

What do you think? :)
That's a great idea.

I had an idea for a FPS based on Operation Downfall.

Premise: What would have happen if the Allied invasion of the Japanese homeland took place?

Brief background story: After the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, a schism (based on the Kyujo Incident) emerges among the Japanese military elite between the Loyalists (those who support Emperor Hirohito and his position to unconditionally surrender to the Americans) and the Imperialists (those who are willing to fight to the very last man, woman, or child in order to preserve the Empire). The Imperialists are hedging that a prolonged war against a determined Japanese populace will force the Allies to negotiate surrender terms that would allow Japan to keep its remaining territories. Meanwhile, apprehension grips the soldiers of the Soviet Union and the American-led invasion force as they prepare for invasion. While they share a common enemy, their loyalties do not completely lay with the Allied effort. An inkling of the Cold War seeps into the atmosphere as the two powers carve up the remnants of the Japanese Empire for themselves, resorting to a series of subversive tactics that aim to undermine the efforts of their fellow allies under the guise of a military operation intended to root out a common enemy.

Stylistically, this game would be similar to the earlier Call of Duty games, where you take the role of various characters engaged in the conflict. There will be missions where you'll play as an ANZAC soldier/POW in Malaya, an American soldier on the Southern Japanese front, a Soviet soldier on the Northern front, a Chinese Resistance member, and a deep-cover Japanese Loyalist spy who has infiltrated the ranks of the Imperialist forces in order to sabotage them from within. There may be a campaign where you play as a Japanese Imperialist who is fighting the Allied invasion.

What would differentiate this game from other WW2 shooters would be the immersive storytelling that pays homage to the atmosphere of those times and the lesser known historical events of the era. The game will be a story-driven narrative that revolves around the ambitions of the various factions/entities, rather than your run-of-the-mill, generic war campaign. Cutscenes will feature subtitled dialogue in the characters' native tongues (none of that talk-in-accented-English crap here). There will be land battles that take place in urban and rural Japanese environments, set in various times throughout the war - something not seen in other WW2 games set in the Pacific theatre because of the alternate history. Some battles will take place in conflict zones outside of Japan since they are pertinent to the narrative (One mission would have been the Battle of Berlin, which primes the Soviets for getting into a new theatre in the war).

Among the controversial aspects of the game will be a mission where the player is a bombadier on a B-29 bomber carrying an atomic bomb and various missions in Japanese cities where the player is confronted with civilians (including the elderly and children) who are willing to fight down to tooth and nail. While mission objectives will include minimizing civilian casualties, there will be instances where you may have to kill or subdue fanatical civilians armed with sharpened bamboo sticks, awls, and other improvised weapons.

Besides this, I have some other game ideas as well. (One of them is based on the movie "Inception")

In fact, I have a file on my computer titled "Game Ideas.txt" :D

my Idea is a racing game that has an sort of anime style to it, not like initial d, but loosely of a competition against states and their most skilled drivers. right now I'm working on it, and it's a source mod in the process.

my Idea is a racing game that has an sort of anime style to it, not like initial d, but loosely of a competition against states and their most skilled drivers. right now I'm working on it, and it's a source mod in the process.

Like Maximum Tune/Wangan Midnight?

no, completely different.
  • The 3 major events I have planned are supported by the governments that exist in the game, so the races are legal
  • Definitely not using the artistic style of Wangan Midnight.

Ah I see, I'm intrigued. Let me know when a playable version of this is out, I'd love to give my input if possible.

now I'm angry at source...

asdwre.png
I'm still wondering what the hell happened! EDIT nope! I'm not giving up, I don't care if it takes 2 valve months, I'm gonna to finish shiftrally!

Back