Games that have made you cry?

KiltedCowboy

Picture related.

Valiant Hearts is just a beautiful masterpiece that made me cry at the end. It will toy with your emotions.
Valiant_Hearts_Key_Art.jpg

Not necessarily cry but for a few moments feel really sad/emotional for what is happening in a virtual game,

Ending of Halo 4.

And surprisingly the end of The World Wakes, a quest from runescape.

The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2. (Not so much 400 days.) The emotional connections you get with the characters is like any other game.

I can't think of any games themselves, but City of Heroes and WoW have both made me sniffle through some of the lore and also RP that was only possible because of said games existing. So.. in a round about way. The worlds some games are set in are just so in-depth and beautiful. It's hard to not be moved in some way, and just get lost in them.

Ace Combat 5,
When chopper stays in his plane in order to make sure that it doesn't crash into any houses or buildings in the city.

Halo Reach
Don't know why I cried, but I assume it's a combination of the ending we all knew was going to happen finally happening, the beautiful piano music playing that just rang of hopelessness and the fact that it was Bungie's final Halo game.
I wasn't bawling my eyes out but there were two tears rolling down my cheeks. And that's never happened with any other video game (not even Walking Dead, which surprised even me)

Metal Gear Solid 4.

The chapter right before this, ending with snake almost shooting himself, added up the drama too.

Assassins Creed Revelations and the accompanying animation Embers. Knowing that this would be the end of Ezio's journey left me in tears of bittersweet. It's amazing how the level of investment you put into a character differs as you join them for most of their life.

Back