German for my fellow Americans ;)

warpixel

hey peepz,
as i watched this little german-comedy piece on youtube i thought: well... Team9000 could teach themself some german.

Sure what this guy is saying is not what it says on the Paper BUT it just could teach you a little pronunciation in german.

give it a try :)

(WARNING: This Video is entirely spoken in German with an Austrian Accent and is just for comedy purpose!)

Example: "Frog minute = Froag mi' net = Frag mich nicht = Don't ask me" ;)

tl: almost dw, couldn't understand it so I guess I missed the part that was supposed to be funny.

I get it!

The joke is that you can teach an English speaker to learn German just by spelling the sounds the German words make, but interpreting those sounds as if you were listening to English.

"Good than more gain. Week AIDS?" is how you'd interpret the sounds for "Guten morgen. Wie gehts?" (Good morning, how are you?)

As another example...the following phrase is gibberish in French:

"Un petit d'un petit cette en ou alle."

But when pronounced properly in French, sounds like an English nursery rhyme.

I got your back.

Thanks Ollee, my brother ;)

I get it!

The joke is that you can teach an English speaker to learn German just by spelling the sounds the German words make, but interpreting those sounds as if you were listening to English.

"Good than more gain. Week AIDS?" is how you'd interpret the sounds for "Guten morgen. Wie gehts?" (Good morning, how are you?)

and Thank you sir for getting it! haha. nice!
funny or not. you got it :)

I get it!

well, I get it now that it was explained to me.... I guess its clever, but it still runs with the law that if you have to explain your joke, it will never be as funny as you intended it to be....just sayin.

Reminds me of this amusing little activity:

The Secret Yet

An animal husbandry assistant accidentally gets soiled by a horse while trying to extract its "essence". He should have noticed it happening.

Back