• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Glimpse of what's to come

Clayto1332

Minecraft posted this on their facebook fan page. What do you think those are next to the hearts? Also I am guessing the new bar is a stamina bar for running since they have released that there will be running with the adventure update.

http://i.imgur.com/nowNT.png

also that was a screenshot was originally posted on twitter to show how terrain generation would work with a 256 height limit. He actually made the height limit a easily moddable value. There's also a whole post on his blog about the height limit.

also that was a screenshot was originally posted on twitter to show how terrain generation would work with a 256 height limit. He actually made the height limit a easily moddable value. There's also a whole post on his blog about the height limit.

Yeah I know hawke but I don't give two shits about the height limit. I am more interested in how vastly different the game is going to be after the update.

I'm not sure if that was a rhetorical question or not, but I'll post my opinion. I am sure that it is a "hunger bar", so now your character can starve and die a very lame death!;)

Thanks for clarifying! I guess the game will be more realistic that way.

theres not gonna be a new height limit. It will be possible to mod it in though.

Yeah I know hawke but I don't give two shits about the height limit. I am more interested in how vastly different the game is going to be after the update.

Thanks for clarifying! I guess the game will be more realistic that way.

Pretty sure Notch said that hunger is optional and toggle-able for players. That way folks like me don't get pissed because we can't find some pigs so we don't die :p

i'm betting on the bar below being the xp bar.
It kinda looks like the xp bar from WoW tbh. But what would we have xp for?
I can't wait for these new changes, looks like fun. A shame the height limit is modded only, I'd love to start a vanilla game and be able to dig hundreds of blocks down.
I think that the Stamina Bar is underneath the Hearts and Hunger bars. the long green one.
I'm thinking that too.

Well, if you have the ability to sprint, it might take up your "meat" bar, being your overall stamina. The greenish bar could be your EXP. That setup would work out perfectly.

Anyone else notice the floating island in the top-left corner of the picture?

I sit corrected, but an exp bar yay! i like the feeling of leveling in anything. I hope that if you level it makes a big ring of light around you and it plays a sound that goes WHOOOOSH. like in WoW or something :3

Well, if you have the ability to sprint, it might take up your "meat" bar, being your overall stamina. The greenish bar could be your EXP. That setup would work out perfectly.

Anyone else notice the floating island in the top-left corner of the picture?
and the "meat" bar is really your hunger bar. the more you go without eating it goes down and you probably move slower or something as it goes down. and when it reaches the end you might die.

Back