• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Global Agenda

Ozy

Staff member

Global Agenda is an MMORPG built on top of the Unreal Tournament engine. It promises to be a "fast-paced, futuristic spy-fi world - where knowledge is power, technology is a race and everyone has an agenda." In the 22nd century, the Earth is a barren wasteland controlled by a government called the "Commonwealth." You (the player) are part of a resistance attempting to conquer the Commonwealth and bring the world back under control.

Dome City, the overworld for the game, is the central hub connecting character upgrade shops, appearance boutiques, and an auction house. There are also Guild and Agency centers, a virtual training area (PvP sparring), and a transit system that allows the player to visit one of the twenty other cities which are exactly the same. Aside from trading items (which can be done via the mail system), you and your friends can be in completely different city servers and all of the party features will still function. There is no reason to join any specific city over any other.

The role you play in the game is that of an agent mercenary infiltrating and eliminating a rival. There are different mission 'security' difficulty ratings that correspond to the characters current level. Once a player joins a PvE (Player vs. Environment) match, they are randomly thrown into one of the ten combat maps. The player must then fight their way into the fortress where they encounter and defeat one of the random boss types. It does become rather repetitive, but the encounters promote tactful strategy and teamwork. As one progresses through the mission difficulties, more and different enemy types are incorporated and the quantity and caliber of the loot received increases.

[box=600]
ga2.png
[/box]​

PvP is really where Global Agenda shines. Cueing for a match drops the player into a large arena with up to nineteen other players, and the game objectives are determined based on the type of match selected (control, payload, demolition, scramble, or breach). Then, once the round is over, the game's leaderboard has enough stats for everyone. The point tree is remarkable balanced, emphasizing everyone's strengths and weaknesses, regardless of the class chosen. The large range of diverse quantifiers on the leaderboard are a very good ego boost. Everyone is always the best at something. Even when not victorious, you will leave the match feeling that you still contributed to your team.

If you are a member of an Agency (a grouping of Teams), you can also compete against other agencies for control a of a world map, winning awesome loot and exclusive titles. Hunker down into a hall and put up a fight, sneak around and gank unsuspecting victims, find higher ground and take enemies down from a distance, or work with a core team and take wins by tactical force. Every play style seems to have a place in Global Agenda.

This game needs...

More Content (Ice themed world please)
All classes can use all kinds of weapons (without perks)
More skills
More weapon types
More everything

This game sounds interesting... Are there T9Kers out there who play this game now?

I have a high level medic on the US servers. If you get up in the levels I would be more than happy to play with you.

i started playing this like last week. and it requires a PERFECT internet connection for no lag so ive only made it to lvl 7 so far :foreveralone:

SO, I tried joining last nite, and every name I tried was taken. Including Moondoggy. Apparently the system won't allow names with numbers, so I may wind up being ALFblfhsfbf or something like that.

I have a high level medic on the US servers. If you get up in the levels I would be more than happy to play with you.
I got a lvl 44 robo and would be happy to play with u some time
username is Doomellon
ps: is there a team9000 agency

Oh Global Agenda, how i feel about thee. In all honesty I saw this as a waste of cishetty cash, as a week later the game went ftp... :/

wasn't worth the cash then, might be worth a peek now.

Back