Good gaming rigs while on a budget

RioDeal

I haven't build a good gaming rig in a long time. So I want to hear some idea's about buying one without hurting the wallet. I was told that the goods are around 750$ USD. perhaps I could just buy the motherboard and the processor?
I'm not sure, i just need some suggestion and this thread could even help others in search of a gaming rig too.

I've heard lots of pro's and con's about Alienware, overpriced and not really that good. of course these are pre-built computers but I've been looking at this one for a while but still like to know if anyone has had a one of there computers or know some one that has one. what there pro's and con's

Alienware X51 Starting at $699 Up to 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processors Up to new 2.0GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670. they say its up gradable while you could play some really high end games without breaking a sweat like Battlefield 3,4? Sykrim? gears of wars 3?

http://www.alienware.com/Landings/desktops.aspx#!prettyPhoto

I've heard lots of pro's and con's about Alienware, overpriced and not really that good. of course these are pre-built computers but I've been looking at this one for a while but still like to know if anyone has had a one of there computers or know some one that has one. what there pro's and con's

Alienware X51 Starting at $699 Up to 4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processors Up to new 2.0GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670. they say its up gradable while you could play some really high end games without breaking a sweat like Battlefield 3,4? Sykrim? gears of wars 3?

http://www.alienware.com/Landings/desktops.aspx#!prettyPhoto
Well... That $700 alienware you were looking at shows what it could be upgraded to. Not what it has.
These are the specs for that computer at $699 copied and pasted from their website:

Alienware X51
Equiped with 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i3 processor, an optional Windows 8 upgrade and NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 645 graphics card. Enjoy 1080p HD Gaming with our most compact desktop, ever.

*Edit* Maybe you could take a look at this computer: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Ultra_7500
Or this one if you want an intel build: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Xtreme_2000

From what I've seen you can get a better bang for your buck if you build your own. Some sites have kits you can buy, as well. I know Tigerdirect has some sales going on right now for a couple of kits around your price range. You could, for example, buy this kit and a graphics card and the whole thing would only be about $700.

From what I've seen you can get a better bang for your buck if you build your own. Some sites have kits you can buy, as well. I know Tigerdirect has some sales going on right now for a couple of kits around your price range. You could, for example, buy this kit and a graphics card and the whole thing would only be about $700.

Thats not a bad deal there, I can buy that on my next pay check. that's a really good price I just hope that deal will be around for 2 more weeks

(edit) oh I see, 6/29/13 darn..... let me see what i can come up with... and i was looking for ASUS motherboard too, I've always bought from them

Thats not a bad deal there, I can buy that on my next pay check. that's a really good price I just hope that deal will be around for 2 more weeks

(edit) oh I see, 6/29/13 darn..... let me see what i can come up with... and i was looking for ASUS motherboard too, I've always bought from them

I wouldn't worry if you can't buy it now, Tigerdirect always has stuff on sale, and you can also check newegg.com for barebones kits.

Well of course it is always better to build yourself. But from his post saying he was look at an Alienware I just figured that he didn't want to build it/didn't know how to.

Well of course it is always better to build yourself. But from his post saying he was look at an Alienware I just figured that he didn't want to build it/didn't know how to.

true, i was thinking about Alienware, what i liked was how the computer looked like a game console. But I knew that Alienware are very tricky and over price there stuff. I'm way better off building one, plus I'm up for it.

Back