• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Google Calendars

Casey

So everyone is wanting game nights, contests, streams, etc. I will be pulling up the next three months in Google calendars, and filling it with this. Once I have some dates filled in, I will post this for others to see and submit requests for the game nights/streams they/you want. Once the calendars are solidified, I will move everything over to the Steam calendar, this way everything can be found in one spot. I want o hear people's thoughts and opinions on this (NOT the events you want scheduled, that will come when the calendar gets posted). What I was wondering is if there was a way that we could link the steam calendar to the front page, that way people can easily view the upcoming events and see if there are any changes.

Also, if everyone starts to use the actual calendar on steam and commenting there, we can see what events are more popular than others and plan accordingly. Hopefully we can use this to determine what kind of events people love and want to see more of.

Also, maybe it could go far enough to have a text stream or sexy announcement area on the front page that shows the upcoming event/s for the week. Something that gives off that community involvement feeling. As it is now, not everyone has steam, and not everyone hops on steam to check the calendar. I check the website much more often then steam, and its easier to check for updates here. People just entering the community probably don't even know we have a Steam group. This would be a good way to show all the new people what we do, and to show them where and how to be active and have fun.

If there is no way to get the steam calendar on the front page, then I will gladly keep a Google calendar updated and synced with the steam calendar if need be.

I agree. It takes 2 seconds to leave a comment.

"Great night"

"Had fun"

"I hate this game"

"lame"

This helps to decide if its worthy to pursue future game nights/contests/etc.

Agreed, but will there be any feedback towards the opinions or suggestions that we give? Otherwise, we just walk away thinking maybe that suggestion will just be ignored and we will give up in telling what we have in mind.
To be honest I have seen a few people trying to suggest games but getting turned down, sometimes cocky individuals in this community respond like "Sometimes we play games and sometimes we don't" It just makes new members be afraid to pipe 'up' and give an opinion.
Also can I have the link to the Google calender?

Agreed, but will there be any feedback towards the opinions or suggestions that we give? Otherwise, we just walk away thinking maybe that suggestion will just be ignored and we will give up in telling what we have in mind.
To be honest I have seen a few people trying to suggest games but getting turned down, sometimes cocky individuals in this community respond like "Sometimes we play games and sometimes we don't" It just makes new members be afraid to pipe 'up' and give an opinion.
Also can I have the link to the Google calender?

When I start the calendar here in the next few nights, I will post a link to them. As for feedback, I will always give feedback, and I will always explain my actions if someone asks. I won't turn down games, especially with excuses like that. The biggest thing is that we get feedback from you guys so that we know what everyone likes. The only reason I would turn a game down is if I knew from everyone's feedback that no one liked the game and no one would show up. This is about the community, so it should be the community that decides.

Back