Guild Wars 2 SALE!!!

Koodles

For those of you who have not yet picked up this wonderful game, I suggest buying it now before the newly awaited expansion arrives, it is currently only $10! That's right, 10 whole buckaroons!!!
http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_US/html/pbPage.buyguildwars2

8b5368ab46dd4a159d20958ab49b2850.png

Alright, you convinced me to buy it, any advice on race/skills before I start?
Definitely the best ones to start with to learn the mechanics are Warrior and Guardian. I haven't played for almost a year so I don't know if my advice will be helpful, but I'll tell you this: take your time and don't feel the rush to get to 80. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and music and lore. Play with some friends!

Alright, you convinced me to buy it, any advice on race/skills before I start?
If you want to be an idiot like me and choose hardmode to start with, run Thief. Complete glass cannon that can't take more than a few hits but so satisfying when you burst down enemies from the shadows.

Also, race doesn't matter at all. Just gives you a different storyline to go down.

Join the world called Ferguson's Crossing.

If you don't I will kill you :)
(In all seriousness I play WvW and if you join a different world I shall show no mercy)

I will edit with username later.

Join the world called Ferguson's Crossing.

If you don't I will kill you :)
(In all seriousness I play WvW and if you join a different world I shall show no mercy)

I will edit with username later.
No go to Tarnished coast. As a veteran I've played tons of WvW and can say that a tier one server like TC is the way to go

Anaxo.8462
character name: Anaxo Sin
I joined Ferguson's Crossing at Pyro's suggestion

I went with a thief Sylvarian. Being able to become invisible reminded me of Ragnarok Online, so the nostalgia sold me. Also, from what I've read it's a pretty easy beginner class and everyone hates it.

My ID is Seanam.5390
I still haven't joined in yet as it will take several days to download, but anyway there's my username.

Wife bought it for me for b-day gift, so guess I'll give it a try sometime in the next week :D. Or maybe a GN...

I'm in the Northern Shiverpeaks world but you have the option to guest into other worlds twice every 24 hours so I can always hop over to your guys' worlds and play with you. I'll start adding people when I get home.

*doesn't have anyone to run dungeons with*
;(

Couple questions.

How long will this sale last?

Is this game fun to solo? Most of the time when I play an MMO I don't have people to play with, but sometimes I do.

Do people still play this game? Is it still regularly updated? I'm not interested in getting into something that is dead or dying, especially for an MMO.

How do the expansions work? It's been a long time since I've looked into the guild wars business model. I know it's a pay once play forever game though (which is boss).

I've had the game for well over a year, and nobody to play with. If you want to add me, I'm Pixiel.3195 - Just send me a message letting me know who you are :3

Back