Guild Wars 2: Someone play with me?

David

I'm getting this game for my birthday. Was wondering if someone would be down to play alongside me.

I can join you if you'd like, just not this and next week due to some studying that needs to be done.
Anything specific you'd like to do in-game? Anything, except World vs World, can be done with other players even if you're located on different servers.

We'll be start fresh characters then. I think Im getting my copy at mid March. Is the entire game PvE or..?

It has both PvE and PvP. PvE consists of a personal story you go through, open world, dungeons, and world bosses that sometimes requires a large group to complete. PvP consists of team arenas (10v10 I think), WvW (3 servers battling against each other in a main map and 3 borderland maps), and custom arenas that you can set up. Recently, they added an overflow map for WvW since there tends to be a queue to get into it on some servers.

Fresh characters are fine, but levels don't really matter when joining each other for content. For example, if a lv80 player enters a lv10 zone, he gets scaled down to lv10. Low levels don't get scaled up in higher lv maps, but they do get scaled up to 80 in the fractals dungeon.

It has both PvE and PvP. PvE consists of a personal story you go through, open world, dungeons, and world bosses that sometimes requires a large group to complete. PvP consists of team arenas (10v10 I think), WvW (3 servers battling against each other in a main map and 3 borderland maps), and custom arenas that you can set up. Recently, they added an overflow map for WvW since there tends to be a queue to get into it on some servers.

Fresh characters are fine, but levels don't really matter when joining each other for content. For example, if a lv80 player enters a lv10 zone, he gets scaled down to lv10. Low levels don't get scaled up in higher lv maps, but they do get scaled up to 80 in the fractals dungeon.
Oh ok! So once you go into a PvE world, you stay like that?

Currently Im in Sanctum of Real and my name is Tolistar. Im in the first town village with farms and stuff.

Back