Guys I need help with GTA IV.

avroom

Ohai,

So I installed too many mods into GTA 4 and it stopped working. I reinstalled the game without problems.
But then every time I start it I just get this black box, which disappears after some seconds:
FZvOCX2.png

And then I started googling. I first installed the 1.0.4.0 patch, but things were still the same. Also no change after the 1.0.7.0 patch.

Google told me to search for "sound.dll" or something and to delete it, but I couldn't find this file. Afterwards I've been told to uninstall Games For Windows Live and install the newest one.

Now I don't have the black box anymore. The normal Social Club window appears but after pressing "Start Game" nothing happens.
Other people somehow could solve the problem with the methods I listed but not me.

If my PC is relevant, here are the specs:
Intel Core i7 processor
NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M graphics card
Windows 7

Please help ;)

Nevermind, it worked after I right clicked LaunchGTAIV.exe and set the compatibility to Win2000 and set "Run as admin".

I have no clue why exactly THAT worked.

Still didn't work properly after it. After ~3.5 hours research, downloading, uninstalling, installing, ... it finally works now.
It was a problem with Games For Windows Live....

Still didn't work properly after it. After ~3.5 hours research, downloading, uninstalling, installing, ... it finally works now.
It was a problem with Games For Windows Live....

owh.. kinda getting back my memory.. yeah i remember that i have to reinstall because sometimes games for windows live mess up and the update just making the shading broken, still dont know what caused it but i dont really need to update it, so i back to 1.0 :p

what mods u installed anyway?

trainers, cars, maps, ... everything lol

lol.. i think im going to reinstall it too, i;ve heard that modder create mod so that we could play gta vice city and gta san andreas in gta iv!! i think it'll kinda like we go to airport and then travel to los santos (gta san andreas(or gta V lol)) and florida, miami (vice city), but its kinda big mod isnt it? (i've heard that we could do missions just like CJ or Tommy, but idk i we still play as niko or we play as gta series own protagonist) o.o i cant wait to play gta vice city in IV, its one of the best game i think (if they add parkour, swim, climb, etc (which have been dream come true by modder lol) )

lol.. i think im going to reinstall it too, i;ve heard that modder create mod so that we could play gta vice city and gta san andreas in gta iv!! i think it'll kinda like we go to airport and then travel to los santos (gta san andreas(or gta V lol)) and florida, miami (vice city), but its kinda big mod isnt it? o.o i cant wait to play gta vice city in IV, its one of the best game i think (if they add parkour, swim, climb, etc (which have been dream come true by modder lol) )
I think it's a total replacement, that means that the entire GTA IV map gets replaced by the Vice City one, and you can't travel between them.
But if you can, this is totally something I would download :D

I think it's a total replacement, that means that the entire GTA IV map gets replaced by the Vice City one, and you can't travel between them.
But if you can, this is totally something I would download :D

well, its seems it wasnt travel between them, but at least we could visit miami again :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFfcCApgsKQ&feature=player_embedded

Vice City Rage mod, almost reach dead end because many changes in team :/ but they said that they'll present new project or something

Back