• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Having Serious Problems with Minecraft Survival Server

Aviarei

These problems are inhibiting any progress. Yesterday I died to a series of glitches caused by I don't even know what and I lost everything I was attempting to move to Oxytown, including 4 diamonds, 1 stack of iron ore, 3 stacks of coal, and a few other things.

These are pictures of what I see. I cannot move forward because the world just stops and I have to wait for about a minute for a small section of the world to load before going forward again. By the time I make any progress, it's night and I'm getting killed by things I cannot see.

Here are some interesting pictures.

Screenshot2011-03-22at111819PM.png

(Spawns of things that are visible both above ground and below. These are spawning at sea level and falling continuously. I'll compare it to how a guest without WOM on a classic server is frozen in midair, they fall and respawn to where they were frozen.)

Screenshot2011-03-22at111835PM.png

The world just.... stops. Everything stops.

Screenshot2011-03-22at112142PM.png

A picture of me falling down the side of the world where it stops. When I look up after falling, I see the entire bottom of the map fading away and my hand eventually turns black.

Screenshot2011-03-22at112319PM.png

Nothing's there. Except some flying squids.

Can someone please help me? This is frustrating beyond words...

If it helps, the server didn't do this when I first logged on. Aside from Lagg attacks, everything worked fine.

Those are beta lag pits, and they're caused by an improperly set heap size or a lousy connection. Sometimes they're also caused by a slow computer. A quick fix is to logout and back in.

My computer's pretty fast but the campus internet connection can be a bit spotty. I'll bet that's what's causing it. What is a heap size exactly? I have tried logging out and back in but the problem persists even then.

And no, no disconnecting or logging off while going through portals.

Back