• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Hide all the internets!

I felt a bit tl;dr too, so I watched the video.
(See that, ppl? Just watch the video!)

I'm not sure how these guys are going to go about releasing it, seeing as some people are most likely going to abuse the discussed features and turn this FreedomBox into the Internet Underground of today, only with soundproof Obsidian walls for every room. I have a feeling that someone, somewhere in the government has seen this and is planning to tell his friends and go against it.

I approve of this idea, but for the people who are working on this Linux-based project, they've got a hell of a lot of work cut out for them.

My opinion on this:

Why the fuck do we need it. I don't care about my privacy in any way anymore.
I have facebook, skype, Netlog, Twitter, and several other things I don't even remember, and there are probably around 50 Viruses on my PC. Could I care less?
The whole world knows everything about me. You could track me down in a glimpse of an eye, hell you could probably even find out how big my willy is! Could I care less?
If the internet knows everything about me, why should I do anything against it. I don't know if anybody else feels this way, but for me, it's way too late to change it.

It seems most people here wouldn't have much of a use or get the idea of why I think this is interesting.....Carry on then.

I'm a fan of the idea. Unlike omfgAlol, I value my privacy and anonymity. Lucky for me I have friends nerdy enough to like this idea as well. Besides, it would be sweet to have a linux computer in your pocket all the time.

Sounds good, but what exactly is it? A pocket computer with seriously legit privacy software? Will it be able to connect to any network without being detected?

It's a kickstarter project so it's not done yet and it probably wont be a product it will be more for the freedom fighters (probably anon).

Back