• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Highrise Plays Minecraft - Episode 1: Fifty-One Is Not a Prime Number

Highrise

Today, I'm kicking off my first Minecraft let's play series. As the actual episode is about twenty-three minutes long, I had to split it up into two sections of approximately eleven minutes each. Here's the first:
I'll post a link to the second one in the comments. I apologize for any low-quality sound and rough editing, as this is my first video in a let's play.

Though nobody seems to be replying, I'll go ahead and post a link to my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/highrise2357

I uploaded episode 3 today, and my first subscriber special is being uploaded as I speak. I plan to upload an episode at least every weekday. Also, I managed to increase my time limit past fifteen minutes, so episodes will be uploaded as twenty-minute videos.

By the way, there is a second episode. Part 2 is different from Episode 2.

Nobody replies because thousands of little kids see what the Yogscast does, and they too also make Let's Plays and you simply get drowned out by the people spamming shitty videos. I'd like to help if I can... I also wanted to make a Minecraft channel, but I wanted it to have something the other channels didn't... Not sure what it is but... Anyways I'd love to help you if you wanted.

Tsquared, I'm afraid you're very correct. However, I can my advice on what I think sets good LPs apart from the bad ones. The thing that matters most is quality - and I'm not talking about HD videos here. Basically, the videos have to show the more exciting parts of Minecraft over the less exciting ones. (i.e. Spelunking with mobs and lava over just branch mining) Another factor is diversity. An LP about just building things, or just mining, or even just fighting mobs just gets monotonous after awhile. I confess that I suck at both of these, but I'm getting better. However, there's still a chance for me to get noticed. Advertising my channel in my signature on the MCFs and making a thread about my LP increased my views dramatically. However, once the original rush is over, you just have to rely on subscribers and people sharing your videos to bring you more attention. The hardest part, in my oppinion, is making quality videos. That's my two cents.

Also, I want an honest answer to this question: Are my videos kind of dull?

Back