hiking/backpacking

Schmitty32

so does anyone in this community hike/backpack or even just geocache? if so what was your best trip or geocache find

I used to geocache, but then my partner and I stopped talking. I enjoyed geocaching because I got to see parts of my home town which I never knew existed.

fun fact about Godliberator, Eagle scout in the Boy Scouts of America. Did plenty of hiking and backpacking and wilderness survival and orienteering and more things dealing with rope than I really want to mention....was it fun? yea. Did it also suck? Most Definitely. my longest hike was a 30 mile backpacking hike down the Platte river in Colorado for a river cleanup hike.....it was one of the most beautiful, exciting, fun, painful, and grueling, experiences I have ever went through. would I do it again? probably not ever, but I did have a lot of fun. Personally Ropes courses, Zip-lining, rock walls, and repelling were much more enjoyable than hiking, but thats just my personal opinion.....also less bears on the side of a mountain than on a trail....just a side point.

but bear encounters are the fun part... until they decide to chase you. seriously though, my best trip was a round trip hike of the wonderland trail at mt rainier. it has beautiful views of the mountain as well as tons of meadows and forest. the alpine zones are the best in my opinion because of the mixture of snowfields and wildflowers. getting to the top of one of the ridges was pure torture but the reward of fresh glacier water was well worth it. oh and i was also an eagle scout

Back