• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

How to increase framerate on netbook?

flattervieh

Hi ppl.
I'm playing minecraft now for a few days and that on my normal pc at home. But now i'm a few days gone and i have only my netbook with me (GMA940 chipset graphics). But when i try to play minecraft i only get around 2-10 fps in the max. Has anyone an idea what i can do to get a few more fps?

I tried that GMAbooster, but there is absolutly no difference when i use that.

Greetings
flattervieh

If neither of the above work, try expanding your virtual memory. PC's are easy, MACs i have no idea. PM me or just Youtube it.

Hey first of all thx for your help.
I tried it with fog, but with for near and close i get around 10-15 fps. Playable but not really funny. Biggest problem is i cant see where i am when i need a bit more room.

I allready have 2 gb ram. I upgraded now my virtual memory from maimum 3 to maximum 4 gb. Cant tell win 7 to use more ram.
But first of all i'll try to find a win xp cd from me and will take a look if it is better with win xp then with win 7.

Greetings

PS: I love team9k :D

netbooks have very weak CPUs. If minecraft only had 3D hardware acceleration (directx or opengl)...It would work fine on ALMOST ANY MACHINE. but NO it uses software rendering...lame

I have an AMD 965 quad-core 3.4 GHz with 4 GB of RAM and I still can't play with no fog without some very noticeable lag when more objects are drawn due to view angles. At least with World of Minecraft (Minecraft classic).

For the record, Minecraft actually does use java's openGL hardware acceleration engine.

Just as info, its not important which OS (win xp or win 7) i try, the fps is nearly the same ~5-15 fps.
In this case i have to wait till i'm back at my normal pc to play again.

But thanks for your help :)

I'm on a quad core gaming somputer with 8 gigs of ram and 1 gig of video ram. I notice slowdowns the more stuff is on screen (even through walls). I'm pretty sure it's something in the coding for multiplayer (or server lag?)

It's not server lag. The client (being coded in java :facepalm:) just can't keep up.

yeah that's true. Java can be iffy. But without java, we wouldn't have the in-browser client.. and I'm not sure about you guys, but that's what initially sold me on the game.

I love scotch, scotchy scotch scotch, here it goes down, down into my belly.......oh were on?......Im Ron Burgandy and this is the news.

Back