• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Hurricane Sandy

amaterasu

So as most of you know, Hurricane Sandy is about to hit the East coast. I live in the East coast too, even worst, near the Oceanfront. This hurricane is going to be worst than Irene, and Irene did cause some heavy damage. There are a lot of bad things about to happen, and I wish all of you who are riding the storm, good luck. I send out my prayers to you all, and I hope that you are able to get through this. Get ready, take action, and pray (that is, if you do pray). Sandy is strong, I hope you all know that. Let's kick some ass, now shall we?

honestly these names they come up with, sandy... really? more reminds me of sponge bob than makes me run for my life :confused:
Other than that, best of luck to everyone in it's way

Irene did some pretty heavy damage here, in Vermont. Also, as thee has stated.. our mother's name is Sandy, and she is a hurricane in herself.. who knows, maybe we've been preparing for this our whole lives...

I still remember Isabel now that was a storm, then irene was pretty deadly. I am kinda worried about sandy and as a coast dweller (school wise) I decided to move further inland just to be safe. anyways I wish you the best of luck riding sandy out :)

it is seriously odd to have a hurricane not hit florida.....we are like the bullet proof vest for the rest of the country when it comes to large oceanic storms, and we are waaay too used to them. Good luck, and have fun riding out the storm.

I wish everyone luck living on or near the coast. It's getting pretty windy up hear in Ontario right now and I'm getting power outages every little while. I've never experienced a large natural disaster first hand and i couldn't imagine how dealing with preparing and the actual hurricane would be. I'm glad we don't get tornadoes or earthquakes often where i live. Again, best of luck.

New York was hit, but I don't think it was as hard as most other states. Manhattan was hit really hard, though. Financial District was submerged, yet the StockEx wasn't. Points for that.
We got a lot of wind up near Lake Ontario; power at my place flickered at least 4 times, only able to shut off the comps and the flat-screen. My tube-TV took it like a champ.

New York: Geographic safe haven from all but the absolute worst.

@amaterasu....thing is, they have to, otherwise people would not prepare well enough. fear produces action....they do the same thing to us down here. but we do not get super worried until that border of cat 2 and 3 storms....because there is a huge difference between gusts of 80mph and sustained 150 winds....I am not saying you all should have taken it lightly....I am saying to question things from time to time.

80kmh winds in america = giant uproar
120kmh winds in africa = no body cares.

Something wrong here...?

Back