• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

I am one lucky man

Ekgladiator

Introduction: Hello T9k and fellow gamers alike. So I suppose I am long over due for multiple things considering blogs and I will touch briefly on that before I explain my title. I fully intend this blog to be a moderate length and I have a few topics to cover so bear that in mind as I get started.

This is my first blog post on the site: One of the many reasons I dislike blogs is because there is too much damn writing involved. Trying to find a subject to write essentially a 500 word essay on for some is easy and for me is like grinding teeth. If I feel passionate about the subject, words flow like water and it can before a fun process. Other times I will sit there for hours hoping for something to pop into my head. Thankfully today's subject matter is something I am very interested in and so writing this blog will be a fun and enjoyable experience. I can probably go on for ages about my history but that isn't what this blog is about so I move on to the next topic.

I have been with T9k for a full year: Yes you read that correctly. Around august a year ago I joined this wonderful place and pretty much found a home on the internet. In this section I want to touch on the positives of what t9k has done for me (no need to be a party pooper right!?). T9k provided me with classic; yes as I'm sure most you have joined T9k though minecraft and thanks to it we have a wonderful community of awesome people. Though T9k I made internet friends in a time of downfall; Around the time I found T9k was the same time as my college career took a massive dive but thanks to T9k I had very supportive people to help me though everything up until I left college. T9k provides awesome services for free; what can I say without T9k I would be able to play TF2 or CS: GO or any other games I wanted to on a free server and wooty is awesome for providing the service himself. Never have I been more honored than in this community; and what I mean by that is it is an amazing experience and I really hope it stays around for others to find as well. Now that I have touched upon how amazing T9k is lets move on to my next topic.

I am one of 300 lucky people to get a steam box: this is the bread and butter of my blog post needless to say and I am going to try to spend the rest of the blog talking about my plans and asking for help. So last week around wednesday I found out I got selected to be one on the beta testers for the steam box. I was so excited because I honestly didn't think I had a chance in hell of actually getting to do it. Come yesterday the box came and I did a horrible un-boxing video on my youtube page (which I uploaded today). It is everything I hoped for and then some. I also took several photos so you guys can have a better view. I have played a few games on it and I want to record videos with it so we will get to that later. But playing games on the controller is very weird but it grows quickly on you. Mind you it isn't as good as a mouse but once you get used to it, it becomes better than an xbox controller (abit buggy). Some of the games I tried it one flatout do not work and I have to make a custom configuration for them to work and others I find it ok but needs work. of the two that it worked for I liked Half Life 2 a little more than Serious Sam so there is that. today I am going to try out tf2 and I seriously want to play Dota 2 because why not. Now I mentioned I wanted to record videos with it and that brings me up to my last point.

Steaming and lets plays: Basically I need help in this department because I am sure you guys want to see this as much as I do. Basically I am willing to record the screen and or stream with it. The problem I am currently facing is that I don't know how to get everything set up so I can do that, and this is where I need your help! I can make a thread later about suggestions and stuff and I will answer questions about the machine to the best of my ability. Hopefully if everything works out I can start streaming the steam box and or start doing reviews/ lets plays. I also know a lot of you are interested in how the controller works so I might do some footage of that as well. Basically I kinda want to be a conduit of information about the steam box to a lot of people but I need help in setting everything up!

Ehhhh thats all folks: I want to thank you for taking the time to read my less than stellar blog. I want to thank you for taking the time to help me out (if you do decide to help me out). Finally I want to thnak you for being awesome and hope you stay that way. Thank you once again and bye!

EKG

Back