I Don't Feel Special Anymore...

Noble

Howdey guys and gals... When I first joined here I thought Builders were like... Fucking Pro Beast People... But how many of us actually have good building skills? I fuckin' worked my balls of for Builder... I did aome insane damn Builds only to see other people promoted for spamming fucking shitty ass small builds and huge shit builds and they get promoted.

I know alot of us have actual skills... But some of us... Just managed to skim by and now they have a rank that not only did I work my balls of for but they just managed to get it because they spammed shit.

Just drop yer opinion here because I don't feel feel like I've earned anything now since it's apparently THAT fucking simple to get Builder... There needs to be a rank or way of telling who is actually skilled and who is just along for the ride.

Fuckin' cheers.

-Noble

This has been bitched, discussed, suggested, and debated for the past 2 years. Probably wont change.

Literally I am pretty sure I have heard,
I did aome insane damn Builds only to see other people promoted for spamming fucking shitty ass small builds and huge shit builds and they get promoted.
so many times and people suggest,
Just drop yer opinion here because I don't feel feel like I've earned anything now since it's apparently THAT fucking simple to get Builder... There needs to be a rank or way of telling who is actually skilled and who is just along for the ride.
all the time. Probably wont happen.

Classic really doesn't need another rank thrown onto the cluster fuck that it already is. Now I am saying all this from what I know about classic recently. Not much since I rarely play it.

Now here is another realization. You don't need a blue or colored name to feel special around here. Just don't be a dick, fit in, and you will get that special feeling. If people get promoted to builder for shit, then I guess know they're shit. But seriously, its a stupid coloring on your name on a game where you place pixel blocks. You/we don't need a better system of judgment or ranking to feel special.

Also, concerning how easy it is to get builder. That probably wont change considering its simple a level of impressing admins. That hasn't changed and honestly wont unless you want the admins to tighten up what impresses them/what the standard is.

This has been bitched, discussed, suggested, and debated for the past 2 years. Probably wont change.

Literally I am pretty sure I have heard,

so many times and people suggest,

all the time. Probably wont happen.

Classic really doesn't need another rank thrown onto the cluster fuck that it already is. Now I am saying all this from what I know about classic recently. Not much since I rarely play it.

Now here is another realization. You don't need a blue or colored name to feel special around here. Just don't be a dick, fit in, and you will get that special feeling. If people get promoted to builder for shit, then I guess know they're shit. But seriously, its a stupid coloring on your name on a game where you place pixel blocks. You/we don't need a better system of judgment or ranking to feel special.

I feel better nao. Cheers.

It's more about people knowing you. I found this out the hard way. I spent ridiculous amounts of time last summer making a bunch of sweet builds that I thought were cool. However, I rarely went on the forums. I posted probably 4 promo apps before finally getting accepted. Each time I would build more and more but didn't realize that you had to be known first. I though the point of engineer was to be well-known and liked, but it works with builder too I guess.

I know how you feel. After getting builder I felt so accomplished and had a ton of fun! Then I started seeing people get builder within a week of joining the server, that irritated me. I occasionally saw engineers and awesomes sneak in within the span of only 2 months. That also irritated me. But it's whatever. You just have to ignore the others and have fun, and if you get lucky you'll get another promo. If not then you'll tire of classic and leave.

Tsquared said:
There needs to be a rank or way of telling who is actually skilled and who is just along for the ride.

Why should there be another rank? Would it be just for show?

IMO, the best way of knowing who is "skilled" is to be a regular on the server and to check out other player's builds using your history powers. Or you can look through the Minecraft Build Museum thread.

I get where you're coming from, but a rank merely for "distinction" or "bragging rights" purposes would cause another set of problems (specifically, builders asking if they'll get the new rank) and strain our already overworked pro+ ranks.

Besides, we already recognize that builder ranks encompass a wide variety of players of different building abilities. Being builder rank is not any less special because someone you felt who was not up to the skill level was promoted to your rank.

As rsmv mentioned, your builds and gameplay attitude should set you apart. A rank isn't needed to tell you and others that you're good.

Here's a thought: Stop looking at your rank in comparison to other people. If you got there because you're proud of what you built: GREAT! We need more people like you. Build stuff. Lots of stuff. Awesome stuff. But do it so that you can ENJOY THE GAME. All those people that got the rank and don't deserve it? Fuck 'em. Who cares? If you made all of those epic builds just for rank, then you did it for the wrong reason. If you build things it should be because you enjoy it, not to get ranked up.

Their having rank only detracts from your rank if you use it to view the hierarchy of the server. i.e. You define yourself and others by their ranks. You are individuals, you are people. People who we only categorize into colored name ranks because it makes the server to administer. Just because someone is a higher rank than you does not make them a better person, or more mature. It just means they're further along in their path of team 9000. Instead of worrying about other people, and their ranks, Go build some stuff. It is a game after all. Have fun. That's the point. Don't worry about what color your name is in comparison to those around you. You will go CRAZY worrying about why certain people have gotten something as good/better than you without working as hard. Not just in minecraft, but in life.

Long story short: Relax, and don't worry about anyone else.

NewspaperCrane, dude you're so very right. The problem might be that it's always so damn hard to overlook injustice not just in games but especially in life. It may not be egoistic at all. The trught that you just hit is that one would go insane always thinking about it and counting injuries...

Some people didnt even needed to post applications and get promoted ingame. Those builds are those that are what admins considered epic.

Back