I have a Power Adaptor problem.

Melexiious

Long story short, Power Adaptors dun broke and now I only have one, really old and really fragile AC-DC power adaptor connecting me to the internet, It's literally held together by duct tape so I'm looking for a replacement quicksmart.

It's 9V 1A I tried getting one online and I got fucked over with a 12V 1A. Twice. So I don't want to do that again. This is mainly a question for australians, but where should I start looking for very specific AC-DC adaptors?

Yes, this is a power supply for Internet modems it seems, I can't find anything anywhere.
And no, I don't want to but a new modem all together. My funds are limited.
Seriously, I've looked fucking everywhere in electrical stores and shit all over town and can't fine the one I'm looking for.

My question is, is there any place where I should try again, perhaps? Should I be aiming for a different style of store instead of general electronics? Or is going back online my best bet?

I've been looking for so long, and tried so hard. That this thread is like, Plan... G.
I'm getting desperate.
Help pls.

At least in the US, we typically rent our modems from our ISP (it's part of the contract fee), and they'll replace anything that breaks on it.

Curious, I never thought of that.
It's rather old, going on for about 9 years now so I can see that being a problem, but I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

Do you have radio shack in Australia? 9volt 1amp is very common. It should be easy to find one. Just make sure it has the right tip.

Yes, the tip.
One of my many problems I've been facing.

I did a bit of research and apparently there's a company that are connected to them called Jaycar Electronics, who I've never heard of before and they have a store in town.
I'll go in there and have a look.

Thanks!

Yes, the tip.
One of my many problems I've been facing.

I did a bit of research and apparently there's a company that are connected to them called Jaycar Electronics, who I've never heard of before and they have a store in town.
I'll go in there and have a look.

Thanks!
Jaycar should do y' fine,
Or alternatively go to a Supercheap Auto
'Cause they've got everything auto and much much more
Or hit up Dick Smith
Maybe even JB Hi-Fi

iunno

Jaycar should do y' fine,
Or alternatively go to a Supercheap Auto
'Cause they've got everything auto and much much more
Or hit up Dick Smith
Maybe even JB Hi-Fi

iunno

I tried JB, Dick, and all those major brand stores.
Haven't tried Jaycar or Supercheep Auto, will check 'em out both.

Jaycar is the way to go for general customers, then you got some wholesale electrical suppliers that you could try.

MP-3484 ??

Amperage doesn't have to be exact. Amperage on a charger is a maximum, not a constant. Just make sure it's 1A or above.

Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

Jaycar also sells power adapter plugs, When you're there you could get one of suitable size and change it out with the one on the adapter

edit: Just make sure you solder it right.

Hrhm, I'd rather not risk it. I have a track record for screwing those kinds of things up.

Back