• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

I killed the Chatbox

Jazz007

I felt like testing the colorchat again, and someone noticed the color in my text.
The color is starting to spread again through the chatbox; I think it's going to claim all of the white text in the Box before long, then it'll be disabled, and everyone will start hating the Admins and... AGH!!

It's like the previous Beta all over again...
:(

whats so wrong with colour :3
The problem: There are noobs and trolls lurking our server; some may want to spam the carp [yes, carp] out of the Chatbox, and that can be VERY distracting. For all I know, I've just set off a chain reaction that could multiply into all colored chat. Trust me, if it happens, you'll know how distracting it can be.

this is the internet, they will spam for an hour, one person will get kicked. and everyone will stop

I'm with trollsprung, how do we use colour?
I made a short link to a picture. http://bit.ly/mccolors

If you were to type I IZ OSSIM, you would type &1I IZ OSSIM.
Spaces are not required between the code and the text. The color will apply to all text entered after it until another color code is entered.

If you wanted to type something like "Creeper gonna creep.", you would type &2Creeper &agonna creep.

If at all possible, please use the color chat sparingly (n00b term: not too often). I think most of us remember the last time we spammed colors...
:dynamite:

The color text is going crazy right now :facepalm:

Surprised no one discovered this earlier. Nice (or bad?) job Jazz :)

Surprised no one discovered this earlier.
Well, I figured that I'd test the colors again for the hell of it. I made a bright yellow period, someone called it out...

...and all hell broke loose. So, yeah. Someone shoulda said IT'S A TRAP before I went to town:megusta:

I made a short link to a picture. http://bit.ly/mccolors

If you were to type I IZ OSSIM, you would type &1I IZ OSSIM.
Spaces are not required between the code and the text. The color will apply to all text entered after it until another color code is entered.

If you wanted to type something like "Creeper gonna creep.", you would type &2Creeper &agonna creep.

If at all possible, please use the color chat sparingly (n00b term: not too often). I think most of us remember the last time we spammed colors...
:dynamite:
ty just curious :trollface:

Okay. I hate to be mean or anything, but I see color sparingly used from time to time. Sure, there are instances that many people just randomly go into the color mayhem, but people in this case are having fun. It doesn't seem to last for longer than a minute or two. Just don't worry.

:cool: People are just having fun; they won't spam the chat that much unless they really want to get banned.

Back