• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

I wish there were more awesomes on at night

PuRe2K12

I figured ide just post this topic incase any awesome ranked players happen to wonder by it. Seems to me like when im on which is always at night there virtually no eng+ on. Over the last 6 hours or so, ive seen maybe 2 twosomes drop by clean up some grief and leave, and one other eng besides me. Ive been on the whole time and its 5 am now, because i feel like i shouldn't leave wen im the only mod on in case griefers, spammers or other banable offenders show up. Lucky we weren't at the top of the server list so im sitting with a server of 17. but when we get back to the top its harder to manage at night.

As i was typing this 2 two awesomes logged in. LOL soo idk.. its 5 am, im tired and im gunna leave this here

To be honest all you have to do is ask me and if I don't reply then I am asleep and if I reply and I can't then I will pass the message along!

yeah i know if i need something i usually come find you . This topic is for anyone who might have the opportunity to be around at this time that just isnt.

Something I've learned about grief: it'll be there later. It would be nice if someone was available immediately to moderate and keep the server under control, but that isn't always going to happen. We will always have access to check the history of grief, and the user will be banned at that time and the damage will be reverted. Will it always revert every bit of damage done? No, because someone else may go behind that person and either fix the grief or do more damage. That same risk is run when there are moderators on the server. Trust me when I say I understand how you feel about trying to keep the server tidy and "keep watch" until someone comes to relieve me, but I've learned that if I got other stuff I want/need to do, it's OK to go do it. No one will hold you at fault for not being there to ban/kick someone.

Kc006 said:
good for you?

This post makes me want to punch you, just so you know. I highly suggest you remove it.

moondoggy23 said:
Something I've learned about grief: it'll be there later. It would be nice if someone was available immediately to moderate and keep the server under control, but that isn't always going to happen. We will always have access to check the history of grief, and the user will be banned at that time and the damage will be reverted. Will it always revert every bit of damage done? No, because someone else may go behind that person and either fix the grief or do more damage. That same risk is run when there are moderators on the server. Trust me when I say I understand how you feel about trying to keep the server tidy and "keep watch" until someone comes to relieve me, but I've learned that if I got other stuff I want/need to do, it's OK to go do it. No one will hold you at fault for not being there to ban/kick someone.
It is different with chatspam, trolls, and just the amount of craziness that goes on in classic. It can be a bit overwhelming.

i understand that grief can wait but my thought process is i would hate to have me leaving ruin the games experience for another players who helplessly watches all their stuff gets destroyed. On top of that spammers trolls and advertisers can ruin the day for anyone especially when no one is there to do anything about it. As for things to need to do, if i have to go somewhere i lave but if i can push back my own scheduled (as simple as wen i go to bed) back by 4 hours its not that big of a deal for me. I have come to realize most of the people play survival now, and i am not a fan of survival so i end up on classic anyways.

I don't play survival. However at the moment it its extremely difficult to get on, but as soon as I get back to the states here in about a month or two, I will be back on at my normal time, which is when no one else is on. Until then, all the help i can give is; patience.

Seeing as i don't have a job right now, if you ever have issues just jump in mumble and shout at me, or send me a message on the forums. I'll be there with in minutes :).

Seeing as i don't have a job right now, if you ever have issues just jump in mumble and shout at me, or send me a message on the forums. I'll be there with in minutes :).

i can try but because of my bad internet everything in mumble starts to get chopy/cut up/cuting in and out. and after a few minutes i cant hear anything thats being said or i would be on mumble every time im on. I never know whos actually on mumbler, and i dont want to bug anyone whos busy playing a different game, so i never know.

Back