• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Idea for a floating town

Mayooonaise

A friend and I built a floating town a few months ago just over LAN and I thought it'd be cool to have one in survival. Opinions?

(Pictures of the town me and my friend made)
2012-05-03_22.08.16.png

2012-05-03_22.07.57.png

2012-04-20_21.08.14.png

2012-03-23_19.54.29.png

That's cool, it reminds me of the floating masses of earth with buildings and ruined structures on them that's in Bastion (THE GAME, not the town).

It does seem like a difficult build, but it's a really neat concept! Kudos to you and your friend!

I would love to do this, but the materials to make it would be a pain to transport unless you spent a pain of materials to make it safe. I might make one of these in creative though. Might give me ideas (and allow me to mess around with 1.3's new functions :p)

I'd say go for it, looks amazing. The only problems I see with that is...getting to the town itself, and lag making you fall off of the town. :p I'm sure getting materials would be easy. (Sorry Cheese, it is.)

We originally built this in creative then changed it to survival. Its built over water and the way we get up and down is 1 of the houses has a leaking waterfall that leads all the way down to a little house on the water. (and yes the windmill was inspired by feel good inc)

2012-08-06_03.30.03.png

2012-05-02_18.53.18.png

Lol, I might do that. (When I actually know how to build good shit)

Off-Topic: In the screenshots, is the texture pack SMP's Revival? Looks familiar.

Well That place is up high like above the clouds I mean it doesnt have to be that high but I think the best way to do it would be for someone to make a 1x1 tower up there then make a platform and add a water lift

I always thought a floating town would be cool. The rules say:

"Buildings Subject to Removal:
[...]
Unrealistic buildings (no supports, floating, etc)"

I'm not sure how much I believe what that page says though!

I am glad I wasn't the only one that got Elm Creek flashbacks.

I think the last straw with me playing minecraft was falling off the ledge there and losing ALL MY DIAMONDS... I was moving them from Oxytown to my new house. Bad times.

Back