Ideas for inventions

Serenity595

Hello. This is the thread for ideas of inventions you have thought of. If you're worried someone will steal them, then I guess don't post them. :p And if you're wondering whether someone has already thought of the idea before, they probably have, but that doesn't mean it was ever implemented or patented. :p Anyhow, let's begin.

So, this isn't a big idea or incredibly useful but it is practical in a sense. The idea is that you sell a mouse and mousepad together. The catch is that the mousepad actually charges the mouse while you're using it. The mousepad would be hooked up to your computer via cable to get its own power. The mousepad wouldn't take up much power itself because it would only need to charge at a very low power level, just enough to keep the mouse running, and a bit extra to keep it running if it is taken off the mousepad charger temporarily.

choiix_cruisier_mouse_with_mousepad.jpg

Pros:
- the mouse would be lighter
- smaller mouse designs can be implemented since there is no need for a battery
- can provide sustainable power for any high-powered gaming mouse that may take up more power than a standard one

Cons:
- the mouse used would have to be compatible with the mousepad charger
- the mousepad charger and the mouse itself would cost more than the standard
- the mousepad would be heavier than usual, and would not be bendable

Extra: I don't know if this is possible, but if one could make the mousepad charger a touchpad as well, that would make it more useful as a multipurpose utility.

I call it: The Matzahrella Stick

This ingenious Mozzarella Stick is breaded with ground Matzah instead of bread crumbs or other breading that contains leaven or yeast so that Jews can eat it during passover.

I, personally, could not possibly go 8 days during passover without eating a mozzarella stick because of its incredible taste and deliciousness. Therefore, I have invented the Matzahrella Stick.

High speed train utilizing both magnetic levitation and a null pressure tunnel (basically a vacuum tunnel). No friction, high speeds safely reached. Patent pending in seven countries.

High speed train utilizing both magnetic levitation and a null pressure tunnel (basically a vacuum tunnel). No friction, high speeds safely reached. Patent pending in seven countries.
To create a vacuum on earth would not only be extremely difficult, but would also require large amounts of power.

To create a vacuum on earth would not only be extremely difficult, but would also require large amounts of power.
Surprisingly, no. My system minimizes costs in three areas (power for maglev, power for reducing air pressure, cost for construction) without sacrificing integrity. That was a major stumbling block for a long time for me, but I found a way around it. I'm not comfortable sharing the technique, though. In any case, a perfect vacuum or even one on the level of a laboratory isn't necessary. Just a reduced enough pressure to minimize drag.

Fun fact, the first proof-of-concept I built blew out the end of the tunnel and essentially melted into slag. I had forgotten one key element of a moving vehicle: slowing down.

Surprisingly, no. My system minimizes costs in three areas (power for maglev, power for reducing air pressure, cost for construction) without sacrificing integrity. That was a major stumbling block for a long time for me, but I found a way around it. I'm not comfortable sharing the technique, though. In any case, a perfect vacuum or even one on the level of a laboratory isn't necessary. Just a reduced enough pressure to minimize drag.

Fun fact, the first proof-of-concept I built blew out the end of the tunnel and essentially melted into slag. I had forgotten one key element of a moving vehicle: slowing down.

?

*cough cough* I may have posted something about working on an engineering team that focused on high-speed trains with the capability of (in the future, of course) launching projectiles into space somewhere around here...sadly, the posts aren't coming up with the search box. Oh well. Suffice it to say that I know maglev construction quite well.

Yes, very similar design, minus the part about underground. While my tracks can be underground, they're designed to be built at any height, dependent on location - most commonly I expect them to be either half-underground or as the base layer for roads, etc. This will speed up construction and provide much easier maintenance (at the risk of terrorist attacks *shrug*) The construction, even the materials, aren't even close though. Maglev isn't new, neither is the concept of using low-pressure tubes for the track surroundings. What sets my design apart is the relatively tiny cost of construction and running costs. I even managed to find a way to reduce the cost of the track itself.

Also: one hour? Pfft. Try half that. LA to NYC on an express train will only take 20-35 minutes, depending on how many trains are running on the same track and at what point in their acceleration curve.

Hello. This is the thread for ideas of inventions you have thought of. If you're worried someone will steal them, then I guess don't post them. :p And if you're wondering whether someone has already thought of the idea before, they probably have, but that doesn't mean it was ever implemented or patented. :p Anyhow, let's begin.

So, this isn't a big idea or incredibly useful but it is practical in a sense. The idea is that you sell a mouse and mousepad together. The catch is that the mousepad actually charges the mouse while you're using it. The mousepad would be hooked up to your computer via cable to get its own power. The mousepad wouldn't take up much power itself because it would only need to charge at a very low power level, just enough to keep the mouse running, and a bit extra to keep it running if it is taken off the mousepad charger temporarily.

choiix_cruisier_mouse_with_mousepad.jpg

Pros:
- the mouse would be lighter
- smaller mouse designs can be implemented since there is no need for a battery
- can provide sustainable power for any high-powered gaming mouse that may take up more power than a standard one

Cons:
- the mouse used would have to be compatible with the mousepad charger
- the mousepad charger and the mouse itself would cost more than the standard
- the mousepad would be heavier than usual, and would not be bendable

Extra: I don't know if this is possible, but if one could make the mousepad charger a touchpad as well, that would make it more useful as a multipurpose utility.
The technology exists for the type of wireless charging you're describing, but getting an electromagnetic field through a touchscreen without interfering with it or being interfered might present a challenge. I suggest you read these articles:
Inductive Charging
Touchscreen Technologies
Basically, you can forget about using the capacitive methods as capacitors use electromagnetic fields to store energy. But you might be able to use the resistive method...

Back