• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

If Rollback Occurs

L_O_T_r

The last time roll back happened I lost a ton of shit and had no proof of what i lost. So in a attempt to protect my stuff I got it all from my chests before someone could grief it.

Don't really no what else to do except to say gl woot.

Attachments

• stuffbeforerollback.jpg
    stuffbeforerollback.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 145
Yeah if it comes to proving what we have I'm in the failboat. All of my valuable's were in locked chests, and then they were gone. :confused: Hopefully it isn't necessary though.

luckily my house is far away and griefers are to lazy to take the minute it takes to get to the edge of oxytown and grief it... Just posting this because mostlikely cuz i took this stuff out of the chests when the roll back occurs i could end up with all of it missing like i did last time. Duno tho

rollbacks are generally server-wide, they reset the server to a previously saved instant.

well, for one thing rollbacks wont ban all the stupid griefers, and they will return

Minetopia actually was hit. I built a house full of furnaces and locked them all to make an ungreifable home, and ironically, right after it was finished the command lines crashed, and some ass hole came in and took everything that I had just moved and accumulated over the time I've been playing from outlands. I had something like 2 and a half bundles of iron, twenty something diamonds and a stack or two of lapiz and i don't remember what else. This really sucks. I think if woot cannot set the server back to before the grieving, he should just set it so that peoples inventories are wiped fresh across the whole server. Its drastic, but fair.

Minetopia actually was hit. I built a house full of furnaces and locked them all to make an ungreifable home, and ironically, right after it was finished the command lines crashed, and some ass hole came in and took everything that I had just moved and accumulated over the time I've been playing from outlands. I had something like 2 and a half bundles of iron, twenty something diamonds and a stack or two of lapiz and i don't remember what else. This really sucks. I think if woot cannot set the server back to before the grieving, he should just set it so that peoples inventories are wiped fresh across the whole server. Its drastic, but fair.
Inventory wipes would not be fair to people who did not do anything wrong.

Yes roll backs are fair but he said if no roll backs to wipe everyone's inventory.

if that happens the thieves, and i get the same items (were in my chest, they got it in their inv)

and i don't think it's possible to rollback everything except inv

if that happens the thieves, and i get the same items (were in my chest, they got it in their inv)

and i don't think it's possible to rollback everything except inv
I didn't mean not to roll back inventory. he said to WIPE everyone's inventory.

I didn't mean not to roll back inventory. he said to WIPE everyone's inventory.
Ah, seems i don't read well :3
Too bad i still would lose some of my stuff :(

I'd prefer a rollback of everything, if they don't have a backup a reset might be nice (i'm sure alot don't agree)

Actually, I think we need to restart the server completely. Start fresh, and include EVERYTHING we've learned over the testing so far.

I honestly think starting with a clean slate would be in all of our best interests.

Well, look at it this way. There would be no tunnel to OxyTown, and Woot could implement the whitelist off the get go. Making (for simplicity, I'll use the current citynames) Minetopia for the Guests, and OxyTown would start fresh (maybe with a plan, this time) with only whitelisted players. Instead of getting the random everywhere builds like we have now, we would have a neat, organized (or at least somewhat) city for the more trusted players with reduced grief; and a somewhat more sloppy city for the guests to build in.

Also, the Outlands would be wiped, and there wouldn't be as many random builds out there because guests would (hopefully) migrate towards Minetopia.

I'm personally not going back onto the server until Woot gets back. Don't want to do anything for no reason, in case there's a rollback or reset. You already know which outcome I'm hoping for.

Back