Important! T9k swiggity swag interest survey!

I'd buy everything if I had the money for it.

Or rather, I'd buy everything if postage to Ecuador wouldn't cost more than the products themselves. :p

(i would still probably get them though -- hecks to the yeahs)

Has there been enough interest, yet? Do I need to give you a numerical value of interest I have in these, to help with proper interest determination?

Just to help others:
Assume there are only 10 serious buyers for any one of these things.

90 pins/10= 9 pins per person at a cost of $27-36USD
50 coins/10= 5 coins per person at a cost of $50-65USD

I would love to have and would place more value in a coins than a pin. I know I can wear the pin, but I have no regular time/place I would feel comfortable wearing it. I'm not going to wear it at work, and I don't wear clothes outside of work that would be suitable for a lapel pin (I don't wear clothes with lapels, not that I don't wear clothes).

I would be interested in buying 2-3 coins. Possibly just as many pins.

The tin thingies: Can images/color be printed on them, or is it just text? Do you have any sample pics you could show?

Has there been enough interest, yet? Do I need to give you a numerical value of interest I have in these, to help with proper interest determination?

Just to help others:
Assume there are only 10 serious buyers for any one of these things.

90 pins/10= 9 pins per person at a cost of $27-36USD
50 coins/10= 5 coins per person at a cost of $50-65USD

I would love to have and would place more value in a coins than a pin. I know I can wear the pin, but I have no regular time/place I would feel comfortable wearing it. I'm not going to wear it at work, and I don't wear clothes outside of work that would be suitable for a lapel pin (I don't wear clothes with lapels, not that I don't wear clothes).

I would be interested in buying 2-3 coins. Possibly just as many pins.

The tin thingies: Can images/color be printed on them, or is it just text? Do you have any sample pics you could show?

I personally would rather have the pins, but would go for wither. Keep in mind the pin can be put on anything, not justr clothes. Got a backpack or laptop case? Put it on that. Going to PAX? Put it on your lanyard (Just don't throw up on it, we all know how bad that smells). There are a few more options, but I will let you be the creative one.

The biggest thing is that with coins, I see them being great as one per person, but they're challenge coins so who would you give them to (especially at that price)? The pins are things you can give away or keep at your leisure as they are easier for people to assimilate than the coins. Who knows, I just see the coins as only being good on a VERY rare case, since we would use them to challenge one another.

I personally would rather have the pins, but would go for wither. Keep in mind the pin can be put on anything, not justr clothes. Got a backpack or laptop case? Put it on that. Going to PAX? Put it on your lanyard (Just don't throw up on it, we all know how bad that smells). There are a few more options, but I will let you be the creative one.

The biggest thing is that with coins, I see them being great as one per person, but they're challenge coins so who would you give them to (especially at that price)? The pins are things you can give away or keep at your leisure as they are easier for people to assimilate than the coins. Who knows, I just see the coins as only being good on a VERY rare case, since we would use them to challenge one another.

You should smell my son's vomit.

I guess I don't have very many accessories I carry regularly I can pin things to. My shoes? I'm not saying no one else should buy/order/be interested in them, I'm just speaking for myself on those.

My idea with the coins would be specifically for the T9k Pokémon League. Of course if not everyone who is a Gym Leader in the league had coins to give, then the whole endeavor would be pointless. That's why I asked about the other things, they'd be cheaper and depending on the potential design elements, could be just as good as the challenge coins.

Also, Pax East 2015 planning thread when?

Never, do you even pax south bro?

and i'd be in for like 10 of the pins and / or 5 of the challenge coins.

Also how challenge coins work - someone pulls thiers out and sets it on the table - this is the challenge.
everyone else from the group (that has the coin) pulls thiers out to respond to the challenge.
If everyone has the coin on them then the challenger has to buy a round of drinks for everyone
but if someone forgot theirs then they have to buy the round of drinks. My coin from our local comic book group never leaves my wallet/person (other than when pulled out to challenge/respond)

I think there's definitely been enough interest for me to put design time in, but keep discussing here! It's helpful. I'm at the point of making some designs to choose from.

When I have some finished, I'll check them with Wooty to make sure they meet his standards for T9k winning, and then make a new topic where everyone interested can vote on which designs to actually take orders for/make. (And I'll be open to designs from other people too, if ya'll can come up with better. I don't always hit the mark.)

Then I'll make the for reals and serious, throw money, preorder thread. It'll have preorders open for the chosen design of:

- Pins
- Coins
- Patches (about $2-$3)
- Lanyards (about $3)

Yup! Patches and lanyards too! Cuz I can get them at decent prices all from the same company, for cheap options.
And any of these items that we get the minimum preorders for will get ordered and made. Probably keep preorders open for at least a month, so people can work around their paychecks and such. Depends on the response from people at the time. (Minimums on all are 100, except coins, which are 50).

When time's up, any of the item preorders that don't meet the minimum order will all be fully refunded (and those involved will be given a last minute chance to order the things that ARE being made instead, if they want.)

Now, the no-minimum charms I spoke of, I'll open up orders for those to. Anyone who wants them can has. Been a while since I've bought the materials, though, so I don't know the cost off the top of my head. But I'll make any that are ordered, even if nothing else meets their minimums. Options for those will be:

- Tag_Aya.jpg T9Kdogtags.jpg Dog Tags (Full color. I can do both sides, or do one side color and engrave anything you want on the back. :D This is just an example, not final design. I gave these out when I went to PAX)

- T9K_Charm.JPG Bottle Cap Charms (Also full color and just an example, given out at PAX)

- 20140822_195649-1.jpg Lasered Aluminum Charms (Black & silver only. Cheapest option, but the catch on these is that they take longer. I have to take a jeweler's saw and physically cut out each one, then file the edges all nice.)

Sound good? Problems? Suggestions?

I'm throwing money at the screen but there's no pins.... what gives?

Workin on it! There will be things!

I'd buy everything if I had the money for it.

Or rather, I'd buy everything if postage to Ecuador wouldn't cost more than the products themselves. :p

(i would still probably get them though -- hecks to the yeahs)

Ergh. Yeah. Shipping international is a bit crazy. I think it's like $15 just for cheapest option to Ecuador, First Class. If you do priority, it jumps to like $23+
That might vary a little, because I don't have exact weights at the moment, but still. Jeeze.

I will buy lots of lanyards and pins. Just saying. I can try to come up with an exact number if you want...

I'm up for any coins, Dog tags, pins, slippy-flippy's, jelly stingers, trick sticks and bing bangs or flying willards*.
whatever you make I'll be gladly to purchase your fine Art :D . Besides I wear time to time my t9k shirt pretty much
everywhere even the Boba Fett helmet! Anyway, I'll try to be around often so i can buy these neat items!

*footnote: I have no idea what I said

Other than layout/design, these things probably won't have any of my actual ART on them. I guess it's a form of art, but there's nothing for me to specifically draw, I think. We don't have a mascot other than kinda the Awesome Smiley. And limited space. So, the designs are mostly gonna be the Team9000 logo text, and some incorporating the smiley, I think. It fits the look of the place, anyway.
I mean.. I know we all want Wooty-face pins, but I don't think he'd approve. ;D

T9kLanyard01.jpg
Here's a maybe mock-design on a lanyard. Tease tease tease.
Ollee says he no likey the detachable buckle on lanyards. But that's an optional feature (same cost). Whatchoo think?

Back