IMPORTANT TEAM9000.NET BROWSER QUESTION (please read)

Wooty

Staff member
This post will be deleted in a day or so to remove front page clutter.

I am considering only officially supporting the following browsers for all of our websites and applications:
Internet Explorer 10+
Chrome (newest 2 versions)
Firefox (newest 2 versions)
Opera 12.1
Opera (newest 2 versions)
Safari 5.1+ (6+ for websockets)
iOS Safari 5.1+ (6+ for websockets)
Android stock browser 2.2+
Android Dolphin, Firefox, Chrome (newest version)

Does anyone use a browser or device that is not on this list?
If so, please let me know so I can take that into consideration. Specifically, I am planning on dropping support for any browser that does not support the following features:
- CORS w/ withCredentials, CSS Pseudo Elements, CSS3 Selectors, Websockets, History API, SSL SNI
- sessionStorage and localStorage
- Compatibility with jQuery 2 and AngularJS
- Contains the StartSSL Class 2 root certificate in its certificate store

I'm probably the only one here who would have this problem, but do you know if the Wii U's web browser supports those features?

It's webkit based if that makes a difference.

I was mistaken that android stock 2.2 doesn't support CORS, it turns out that it does. Unfortunately, we do have to keep jQuery 1 to support it - ugh. I guess we can stick with it for now :)

Because for the few sites that would need something else, I can wait until I have access to a computer. Don't hold back on my account, I'll have a new phone by the time PAX East comes around.

If you use it, then someone else probably uses it. We can afford to stay on jQuery 1 for a couple more years.

I'm currently using the stock browser on my HTC Explorer. However, I can switch to Dolphin if required.

Back