• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

In Autumn.

Mightythedj23

"..They say that if you catch a falling leaf in autumn, then you won't be ill for the winter..."

"Jonathan? what are you doing bro?" He asked so nonchalantly.

"I'm trying to catch the falling leaves."

"I can see that, but why?"

Jonathan just gave a faint smile. "Just because really. " If he told him the real reason, he might take her away, just like they did.

a stream of tears developed in his eyes the more he thought about it. The more he thought about, the more anger it brought him.

They grew up together. Ever since they were young, she always like rabbits. "Look johnny! it's so soft!" She giggled in delight.

'I promise, you will get better. You'll come back to me, and we'll always be together.' He thought.

On his way home, he attempted to catch more falling leaves, with only gradual success.

When he got home, he found his mother looking through a family album.

"Hey mom, I'm home." he said, resting his bag on the table, and looking over her shoulder.

"Do you remember this, Johnny?" She pointed to a picture of an ocean beach.

He gave a faint smile. "I do."

How could he forget? That was the summer about four years ago, when He invited her, before she fell ill, to come with his family to their beach cottage.

"Wow! The air tastes salty! Mmm the sun feels so good."

"You've never been to the beach?"

"Nope. to tell you the truth...I haven't done much of anything. that is, until we met."

Jonathan shook his head. He had to get those thoughts of what once was, and focus on what is.

"Were you collecting leaves?" His mother asked with a smile.

Jonathan hesitated. "Yeah. She loves Autumn, and I told her I would get her some, since..well. you know."

His mother gave a faint nod. "Yes, it's been hard with her there, and I do miss her as well, but I'm glad you're doing this for her. Just, don't get any leaves all over the house; I just swept." she gave a wink as she got up and went to put the book away.

Jonathan gave a slight nod, his mother's words still echoing in his mind.

"No. you don't miss her. not like I do." he balled his fists, crushing a few of the leaves. Then, another memory hit him.

"Johnny?"

"Yeah?" he turned on his side, looking away from the stars to face her.

"Do you think there is a Heaven?"

He gave a wide eyed look at her, surprised by her question.

"I'm not sure, why?"

"Just curious. But look it at; the infinite beauty of the night sky. it's breathtaking." She gave a slight shiver as a gust of wind went through, and she cuddled up to him.

He wrapped his arm around her, gave a smile and said in spite of himself

"Yeah. she sure is."

she arched up, giving a violent fit of coughs.

"Hey, you alright!?" Jonathan asked, general panic filling his voice. She waved her hand as a symbol she'd be fine, but the coughing only grew more severe, spouts of blood leaving her mouth.

Jonathan panicked, and picked her up and carried her to the nearest hospital, which was roughly thirteen miles away.

Jonathan shook his head. 'Why? Why are these memories coming back to me all of the sudden?' he wiped his eyes, noticing for the first time he had tears again.

Weeks had passed; it was the final day of true autumn, and he felt he had collected enough leaves to make a bouquet of sorts to give her.

He said goodbye to his mother, and headed out.

He hesitated, standing outside her door, mustering up enough courage to knock. After a few seconds of no reply, he slowly opened the door, giving a shaky hello. Of course he was nervous; he hasn't seen her months.

He room was bright; the window was rather large for the size of her room, but he almost expected it; she always loved nature.

He noticed she was in her bed, her eyes closed. he moved ever closer, remaining quiet.

Tears began to stream down his face as the memories came back all one after another; it was almost too much.

"Look Johnny! its so soft! hehe!!" "Wow, the air is so salty, and the sun feels so warm!" "johnny, do you think there is a heaven?"

He broke through his crying, placed the bouquet he made for her on her bed, and mustered up enough strength to talk.

"yes...Yes Autumn, there is a heaven. If anyone deserves to go there, it's you." he leaned down, kissed her forehead, and let the crying take over as he closed the door,

and left the hospital.

Hey everyone; I know I haven't been around much; but im hoping I can change that. I thought of this story a few months back; but I had no clear way to develop the story, until I wrote it earlier ^^;; I hope you like.

Back