Internet Useage Help

joe34

Hey, every month my ISP gives us 60Gigs of data to use, so this month we went over it pretty quickly, i was curious if minecraft could be the culprit, or any general tips to help lower it, i rarely download much of anything, and never use torrents. Although i do have 3 other people using the internet in this house, I just want to help bring that down, if i can.

AFAIK, minecraft doesn't use much bandwidth. Try to cut down on video streaming.

From what I understand, gaming extensively can contribute to the amount of data transferred, since you have to send and receive data in order to see what others are doing. If you just browse webpages, it's less data transmitted, overall. However, 60gigs is a fair amount...

Alright, thanks for the help, i guess i will stop going on Youtube and tell my brothers to stop streaming/ torrenting

(insert jokes about too much pron below)

Joke about pr0n below:

128709826342746356.jpg

An hours worth of data transfer when playing Minecraft isn't that dissimilar to watching a minute long YouTube video at 360p...

Joe, mumble doesn't take up that much usage if you set it to the lowest possibility, but if you have it at the the highest option, it does take up a fair amount more.

Joe, mumble doesn't take up that much usage if you set it to the lowest possibility, but if you have it at the the highest option, it does take up a fair amount more.

The bandwidth option only affects your upload -- not your download. You should always leave it at the maximum setting.

The bandwidth option only affects your upload -- not your download. You should always leave it at the maximum setting.
but if he does have it at his highest setting, wouldn`t it take up more bandwidth than at the lowest settings?

Back