Is it just me, or does Dr Pepper taste like shit?

Skryter

Specifically horrendous anti-biotics, even more specifically the anti-biotics that I spat out at my nurse whilst I was in hospital (sleeping naked in the winter is not a good idea for ones health).

Maybe the beverages' being imported, presumably from the United States, and what chemicals have been put into it is what caused it to taste like shit as opposed to other cola drinks produced domestically and otherwise.

So, What's Dr Pepper, original and otherwise, taste like to those of you located in the US, and elsewhere?

I guess being so used to Coke and Pepsi makes Dr Pepper taste weird to us aussies. Though, in a betrayal of trublu, I'm a fan of Dr Pepper.
Guess I just like the taste of medicine.

To be fair, I'm not a fan of Coke or Pepsi but at least they don't taste of medicine. Perhaps the age/time you're first introduced to something alters your taste of something? I'd probably be fine with DP if I had been exposed to it before that particular batch of antibiotics, or perhaps it still would have been disagreeable regardless. This really is a pointless conundrum.

Also, Ginger Beer (Bundaberg) > Root Beer.

My experiences with antibiotics is frequent and not particularly the prettiest of pictures as well. As someone who reacts very badly to antibiotics and has only recently gotten into DrP, I think it just depends on taste.
I've always hated Ginger Beer though.
Though this all sounds like people saying bourbon'n'coke is good when I think it tastes like crap.

I personally love Dr Pepper. Either tied or just below Mountain Dew for being my favorite.

It could possibly be the antibiotics, yes. As for me, I've noticed a -lot- of things taste like ass when I'm sick but return to normal taste after I'm better.

Also...Dr Pepper isn't a purely cola drink, it's not directly equivalent of Coke or Pepsi, It's a bunch of different flavors (Ever notice that "23" on the can? Yeah, 23 different flavors), -kinda- like if you were to mix different flavors at a soda fountain. Which I love to do, thus I love Dr Pepper.

I personally love Dr Pepper. Either tied or just below Mountain Dew for being my favorite.

It could possibly be the antibiotics, yes. As for me, I've noticed a -lot- of things taste like ass when I'm sick but return to normal taste after I'm better.

Also...Dr Pepper isn't a purely cola drink, it's not directly equivalent of Coke or Pepsi, It's a bunch of different flavors (Ever notice that "23" on the can? Yeah, 23 different flavors), -kinda- like if you were to mix different flavors at a soda fountain. Which I love to do, thus I love Dr Pepper.
They need to bring back Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper. They have Cherry, and last summer, they had a special Vanilla version. (Yes, I totally mixed them.) So, they just one step away from bringing back my all time favorite drink, not just soda.

They need to bring back Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper. They have Cherry, and last summer, they had a special Vanilla version. (Yes, I totally mixed them.) So, they just one step away from bringing back my all time favorite drink, not just soda.
In the Southern US, the Coca Cola company has made what are called "Freestyle machines," which include 100+ flavors including Dr. Pepper with your choice of cherry, vanilla, or both.

Specifically horrendous anti-biotics, even more specifically the anti-biotics that I spat out at my nurse whilst I was in hospital (sleeping naked in the winter is not a good idea for ones health).

Maybe the beverages' being imported, presumably from the United States, and what chemicals have been put into it is what caused it to taste like shit as opposed to other cola drinks produced domestically and otherwise.

So, What's Dr Pepper, original and otherwise, taste like to those of you located in the US, and elsewhere?
I'm a assuming your not a Mr. Pibb fan? :D

Drink it everyday. I don't wear this shirt for nothing.
B2x2jBf.jpg

In the Southern US, the Coca Cola company has made what are called "Freestyle machines," which include 100+ flavors including Dr. Pepper with your choice of cherry, vanilla, or both.
It's not just the Southern US that gets those "Freestyle" machines. I don't know where you got that idea.

Also depending on location, Coca-Cola or Pepsi-Co sells Dr Pepper, so if you're in an area where Pepsi handles Dr Pepper's distribution, those Freestyle machines will only have Mr Pibb, I believe.

I could be wrong though, I'm just basing this off different areas I've been.

I like Dr. Pepper. It tastes.... good. I like it. Yes it is very nice tasting. I will drink Dr. Pepper because I like it. I like Dr. Pepper.

dr pepper has to be the most terrible soda of all time tied with mello yello
Most terrible soda of all time?

No...no no no...aside from me disagreeing that it's bad, there are a LOT of other soda type you're not thinking of. Ever heard of Jones Soda?

Drink some Pea soda, Turkey & Gravy soda, or perhaps Antiacid soda, then come back.

Last edited:
Just wanted to throw this one in, oral antibiotics may mess with your taste buds. And its very common and lots of people have different complaints about it. Mostly elderly (Nurse Rio) but once you've stop taking them it will return back to normal. Shoot when I got my wisdom teeth removed I couldn't eat mac and cheese or Mash Potatoes. The food tasted terrible. I was bleeping like chef Ramsay lol. then again I would recommend trying Mr. Pib :D Let me know if there is a differences

Back