• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

I've been working on a texture pack.

Chacalx67

I heard about people thinking "the default texture pack is good enough" or "I can't choose one, there are too many". I've never used one.
So I started editing a few blocks from the default texture pack. The first thing I've done was replacing the iron ore's color to white in order to make it more visible in caves.
And then I changed more blocks. And weapons and tools. Sometimes I just edit the brightness, sometimes I just work on a few pixels, sometimes I remake the whole block.
Tools and swords... wooden ones are smaller, stone ones look default, iron ones are slightly better, golden ones are beautiful, diamond ones are heavy, bigger. I've done the same with armors. The leather set makes you look like a peasant, the iron one is default, the diamond one is strong.
I've been mostly playing on brightness, visibility, reducing uglyness, and fun. This is actually a "personal augmented default".

[collapse=Screenshots, notable changes]
Note: some screenshots may be outdated.
2012-08-09_23.52.45.png
Changed blocks. Blocks that I've made by myself or had major changes:
- Glowstone, this is a fictional block, so I guess I do what I want.
- TNT, I had the idea from another texture pack.
- Soulsand, it looks like quicksand, but remember it slows players and mobs down.
- Cake, I replaced the fruits with colorful Smarties.
- Diamond/gold/lazuli/iron/emerald block. I started editing the diamond one, I just loved it and I applied the changes to all the other blocks.
- Diamond ore, based on emerald ore. Iron ore is white. Lazuli and redstone ores are shiny.
- Mob spawner, I took the melon's side, did a 90° rotation, made it darker, added the mouth and eyes, and the borders (shades, teeth). The default mob spawner was ugly.
- Nether wart: the color changes as it grows, like wheat.
2012-08-09_23.52.14.png
And the default texture pack for the comparison. Open the 2 screenshots in 2 tabs and see!
2012-06-12_02.33.03.png
Mob spawner in a dungeon. Now it's a scary thing.
tools.PNG
Swords and tools. There's really a visual difference between wood and diamond.
2012-07-31_17.01.43.png
Zombie, pigman, creeper, enderman, cow, sheep.
I only edited 4 pixels above the zombie's eyes, he looks more cartoonish. The enderman has a new skin, new particles (I replaced the smoke particle with the potion effect one for the lulz fun), and he drops a purple ender pearl. Green pearl was irrelevant. The zombie pigman's skin was horrible, awful, shocking, inappropriate, nsfw... because his bones were visible. I replaced the bones with zombieish green skin.
testifis.PNG
Testificates!
ui.PNG
The UI. The experience bar is divided by 10 sections instead of 18. And apples.
2012-06-14_00.34.58.png 2012-07-29_18.00.09.png
Pumpkin mode 1 and 2. The first one is less blurry, the second one just shows an icon in the corner.
inventory.PNG
Note: as you can see, the diamond helmet is now bigger. If you don't like it (you can't see the player's face), I've made a second image in the armors directory which has a smaller diamond helmet.
2012-07-28_19.52.44.png 2012-07-31_01.19.15.png View attachment 124092 View attachment 124091
The 2 last screenshots were made by Cheese7710. Thanks.

Also, this texture pack now supports Optifine's features. For example, textures will be rotated for certain blocks such as ores or dirt. Mobs have random skins, I've made 7 skins for zombies, and 3 for skeletons, creepers and, zombie pigmen.
[/collapse]

Dimensions: 16x16
Version: 1.5
Link to Planet Minecraft.

"Swords and tools"
Suggestion for the Gold sword... Maybe add a bit more curve to the blade so it's got the same curvature as the top. Also, something seems off about the upper "corner" of the blade. Must be some style I haven't fully noticed.

"Cartoonish" = MOE FACES EVERYWHEEEERE

"The UI"
I can see the Hunger bar! And the XP bar looks better! WOOT

"Pumpkin mode": I still prefer my HUD :p

good start and great for purest who need their textures similar to the original. not my style though im into misa and majorascraft sorry :(

Must be some style I haven't fully noticed.

Golden stuff is totally randomish style, maybe not supposed to be fully realistic, but more fantasy.
Actually, the TF2 Persian Persuader:
Backpack_Persian_Persuader.png

I can see the Hunger bar!

Yes, with the default pack, you really can't see the difference between a full hunger point and a half hunger point, especially in the darkness.

This looks really good! I might use the same idea(ish) for the weapons/tools in TacoCraft. I love the idea. Also, the mobs are textured very nicely. I like the cartoony look. ^^

:megusta:
I really like your texture pack! Tools/weapons are cool. The only thing is the hoe actually looks like a weapon, or maybe its just me...

I personally use Paint.net because I wanted a free and easy editor, but yeah, if you want a Photoshop-like one, go for Gimp.

I personally use Paint.net because I wanted a free and easy editor, but yeah, if you want a Photoshop-like one, go for Gimp.
Paint.net doesn't have the functionality I need to do a lot of what I do, but for a less demanding user, it does its job.

:( I went to go download the texture pack (Looks epic, btw), but it said the file wasn't there.

Could you maybe post the link again, when 1.3 is released? :D

Back