• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

JerzeyLegend and TheNinjaDavid presents Classic Build Contest V

Arg! I probably can't finish my build by the deadline because being the dumbass that I am, I waited until the last minute to get started on a paper due this coming Monday.

Quick! Someone tell me that I would have lost anyway to make me feel better. :p

mmmh final exams

You lose at everything. Even that paper.

Me after reading that:

bloody-keyboard.gif

I'm really dissapointed. You've all had so many days and not alot of good builds have been made.

All right here is my Planet Cracker, built it yesterday, took about 3 or 4 hours...

screenshot_20111126021344.png
screenshot_20111126021332.png
screenshot_20111126021155.png
screenshot_20111126021143.png
screenshot_20111126021129.png
screenshot_20111126021120.png
screenshot_20111126021058.png
screenshot_20111126021043.png
screenshot_20111126021032.png
screenshot_20111126021024.png
screenshot_20111126021016.png

i don't see where it mentions contest world in the first post
thats true
Here we are, contest # 5. Excited? I am! Rules are simple, read below.

Rules:

1.) You must be cool+ rank in classic on the Team9000 server. We are not opening to guest for obvious reasons. This will apply for BETA players as well.

2.) You can have a beta account already.

3.) You must be in good standing with the Team9000 community, both forums, classic, and beta.

4.) Submissions for contest can not be one previously built, it must be a brand new build, done within the time constraints.

5.) Submissions for contest must be built solo. No group builds. This is so there is no fighting over who gets the prize in case your build wins.

6.) ONLY 1 build. Do not build a sprite next to your finished house or boat or whatever have you.

7.) Grief in any shape or form shall result in automatic disqualification. We will act accordingly as it is grief in any other world.

8.) NO offensive builds, including but not limited to genitalia, swastikas, curses, or insults towards another player(s).

9.) If you want to submit your build for promotion, you may do so, but do not expect promotion as a reward for the contest.

Contest Theme:
Freebuild

Contest Prizes:

1st Place: $20 Game of choice on Steam
2nd Place: $5 Game of choice on Steam

The contest will be from Nov 20 12:00 PM EST to Nov 27 12:00 AM EST

Current Participants:
Downed_Foes
OoThePerveySageoO
Joshume13
That_Taco_Guy
Stargunburst
Oozinator
Daredevil71789
Koasterkid1995
Quazymoodo
Chris_Ro96
Twkiller96
Masterbuffalo97
_Joostb
DanielB217
Tunapiano
Pixiel
ChibaMasato
Camevil
Exxorade
Katphish1337

I'm really dissapointed. You've all had so many days and not alot of good builds have been made.

basically what oozinator said, I have exams this coming week then finals a week later. People had family time too etc etc. I'd say host the same contest, like december 15th which generally most colleges get out, not sure about high schools. You'll have a better turnout for sure.

basically what oozinator said, I have exams this coming week then finals a week later. People had family time too etc etc. I'd say host the same contest, like december 15th which generally most colleges get out, not sure about high schools. You'll have a better turnout for sure.
Yeah, but there are tons of kids without exams who've had a week to at least FINISH their builds

Guys I cant connect to the server. I keep getting error 408 or 500somehting. I wont have the chance to make the enderman's arms so could you please pretend that he has them? :3

I think it's a combination of upcoming final exams and obligations to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends.

Damn families... always gettin' in the way. :mad:

This is very true. I would have gladly spent upwards of 10 hours on a build, but not around such a big, family-oriented holiday.

~~Not to sound like an ass...but C'mon~~

This is very true. I would have gladly spent upwards of 10 hours on a build, but not around such a big, family-oriented holiday.

Thanksgiving is 1 day guys Contest lasted a week..then was extended just to give everyone a bit of extra time what with the holiday.. This is a result of people making excuses and putting it off which in all reality is your own faults considering t9k members are giving out prizes they themselves are paying for. I made it through all my finals, work, and thanksgiving and still found plenty of time to work on my build and get it done, as did the other people who made it a point to finish there builds and participate....If you don't want to enter or are going to flake out for whatever reason that's your own loss but don't sit on the forums make up petty excuses...At least Taco was honest :p

Back