• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Just wanna know what happened to the pony sprites in zone15

katphish

Because they have completely vanished... I'm not sure if it is a transfer or some kind of grief because it is a very clean disappearance...

I haven't seen them in zone16 so if it's a transfer, then maybe it hasn't been finished yet... I spent hours working on these sprites and I just don't like the feeling of all my hard work just disappearing in a day....

Before:
screenshot_20111127150306-png.78034

After:
screenshot_20120101214739.png

Before:
screenshot_20111203203032-png.78033

After:
screenshot_20120101214729.png

Before:
screenshot_20111205030457-png.78284

After:
screenshot_20120101214746.png

I don't care if you hate ponies, I worked hard on this and I'm sure you will understand the frustration of seeing stuff like this just disappear...

Regardless of one's pony affiliation - a mod would not just delete them. That said, I don't see that they've been moved to Zone 16, any of the Sprite Builder zones, or museums. Even if a mod had been in the process of moving them and got disconnected (I think most know to use /copy instead of /cut when moving), that would only explain one missing sprite.

What kagato said. But from what I'm reading these were your sprites? If that is the case then these most likely would not have been moved without you asking to have them moved, unless there was some need to have them moved for the time being. Hopefully one of the other admins moved them somewhere and can bring them back. Let's just wait and see if one of the other pro+ replies.

Regardless of one's pony affiliation - a mod would not just delete them. That said, I don't see that they've been moved to Zone 16, any of the Sprite Builder zones, or museums. Even if a mod had been in the process of moving them and got disconnected (I think most know to use /copy instead of /cut when moving), that would only explain one missing sprite.
I'm actually beginning to suspect that builder who was banned yesterday and demoted by you about two hours ago: brortuck.

Seeing as he was a builder griefer banned just yesterday and zone15's lowest rank that can build.

I don't think a mod would do this either, so it most likely a builder.

If he was the culprit, then it should've been reverted once he was banned. At least that's what I would figure. That is of course unless the history was wiped clean before action was taken upon him. *shrugs*

Zone worlds don't have history so far as I know - so nothing would have been reverted due to the ban. If the worlds are still recorded like they used to be (for the timelapse), assuming nothing else has gone on, I belive Woot could roll it back.

i think woot should try to find a way to get history in zone worlds. Ide be surprised if one person took all those sprites down.

I'm hoping kagato is right... the idea of builder griefers going around unpunished is beginning to scare me.

I recall that there used to be block history when I was building that first sprite, during the first few weeks of that zone, but over time everything just began to show up as "Unknown".
This has been the same for Zone16: during the first few weeks history can be used... after that everything is Unknown.

I'm pretty sure the zone worlds don't have history. Typically we don't need to worry about builders griefing or anything like that since it obvious they've put forth a lot of effort in the server and so we kind of vet them before that rank. Woot MAY be able to roll it back, but that's something that would need to be brought up to him or maybe Ozy.

We have very limited world backups (approximately 1-2 weeks), so if we work quickly, it can be reverted. Get with me on mumble.

:eek:!
nooo! and I loved them sprites!
and i've been using history in Zone16 to see ho builds what? idk why it wouldn't work in Zone15.

We have very limited world backups (approximately 1-2 weeks), so if we work quickly, it can be reverted. Get with me on mumble.
I don't have a Mumble and I'm not really comfortable with using it so can I maybe go on Chat and inside the server?

Just to be clear, the ponies have been relocated to zone16, and this thread should be closed now that the situation has been dealt with.

Back