Kbai.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guite

As the title implies, I am leaving. I don't want to make a big deal out of this. Just wanted you guys to know why I won't be on anymore. The quickest way to say why is:
Story of my life.
I said this quote on the "Minecraft - Will it last?" announcement in reply to:
I've seen it a million times - from Quake, to Counter-Strike 1.6, to Halo CE. Groups of gamers get locked together, preventing an active exchange of ideas and talent. This leads to boredom and (more often than not) players choose to leave the game completely rather than looking for something new. Eventually, the player base dissolves to the point where all that remains is a select group of "hardcore" players. The game is no longer fun, and people move on to bigger and better things.

The main reason is because I have gotten pretty bored of Minecraft. I over-played it, like I do with all games, and then one day I found myself questioning why I was still playing. Not just beta either. Classic doesn't appeal to me at all anymore and recently I found out some news about the server which made me want to quit more.
My last reason for Classic is that I finally feel like I reached the top. Since Sept. 7, when I first joined, I always felt as if I could go higher. Even during my 4-5 month or so term as awesome, I always thought I had a chance at Pro. However, when the ban command became available to awesome, I gave up on that. It is common knowledge that Mumble is a huge reason for high ranking promotions, and I am lucky I got to my spot far before this. No matter what people say, typing just isn't the same as talking. Even though I didn't go on mumble most days, I was on probably more than most people thought. And, no offence to Woot, but pretty much the whole time I was on T9k, I felt as if he didn't know who I was.

I am not trying to complain or any of that. I just want to point out some things that I think could be worked on. After all,I did spend half a year here, and still want you guys to do good. I left out a lot of stuff on my mind, but I feel like this post is attention grabbing and sappy, and so I am trying to minimize that.

Anyway, long story short, I will probably stop coming to Team9000 in 1-2 days. Just long enough to respond to any shoutouts. The game replacing Minecraft right now is Haxball, so if you ever see me on there, don't be afraid to say hi. Also, if you would like to keep in touch, just inbox me or something. I might continue to come on solely for pm's, but I don't know yet.

Rock on people.

PS. Bye Shadow Brothers (A&B)

I'll be sad to see you go. While right now our biggest thing is minecraft, it's not like it's the only thing we do around these parts. Team9000 isn't just a minecraft server... we're a gaming community. I go in shifts with minecraft. Sometimes I'll play a lot... and sometimes I won't play it at all.

To me it doesn't matter if I'm playing minecraft when I hang out here. This is the only community that I've ever found that was the right size. I've been to other communities before... they're all either too small to actually be active, or too big and you get lost in the crowd.

As for your observations about promotion... does it really matter? If you're here to have fun... have fun. Do you need to be a pro player to do that?

As for the mumble issue... You're right. Typing on mumble isn't the same as talking. It happens to me when I'm trying to participate when I'm at work. However, the more you type, the more likely you are for people to notice you.

Long story short... I'm sad to see you go. It's never good to see a member leave.

You will be missed.

Just because you quit minecraft doesn't mean you have to leave the community. Hell if I thought that way I wouldn't be around here anymore, seeing as how it's been about a month since the last time I was on minecraft. I hate that this is what has become of Team 9000, there's just so little outside of the minecraft activity right now, and if/when minecraft dies down/out later on, what's going to happen to this perhaps temporary user base if they all just leave because they think that's it for Team 9000?

It's tough seeing someone as semi-prominent as you to not see the other parts of Team 9000 worth staying for. Perhaps Wooty needs to spend some time on that, get our names out there on things outside of minecraft to make this a true gaming community and not so much a minecraft community, but that takes time and work that woot probably doesn't actually have. Perhaps the solution is to grow a larger upper level managementish team that could help doing that.

I dunno, that's just my whole speculation on the ordeal, I'll see this place through though, great things can come of it.

Yeah, I probably didn't make myself clear. Believe me, after like 4 months of reading Malinax's posts going:
Only if we can call it an operation and name it Operation save Team9000 from Minecraft.
WE'RE NOT JUST A MINECRAFT COMMUNITY. RAGE.
TEAM RECLAIM TEAM9000 FROM MINECRAFT.
we're not just a minecraft community raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
to name a few, I know the server isn't mostly about Minecraft. However, my participation on the server was 95% Minecraft related. I didn't play Trackmania or Killing Floor. If I could make this place less minecraft related, I would, for guys like Malinax.
Anway, minecraft aside, I am leaving the server because its my normal routine. Now I will concentrate my activeness in a community with my current interests. Also, most people wouldn't be aware of this, but I have some issues with parts of this server, and I am looking to get a break from them.

Last point - Actually, after getting builder, I didn't really play on the server for fun, but to help moderate. At the beginning, when I was builder and we had kick, I always felt as if I wasn't doing the best possible, as I couldn't ban people. Then, near the end, when awesome still didn't have ban, I felt like being awesome wasn't very helpful at all, as 90% of the time I got on, I would just find half the server griefed, and I wouldn't be able to revert any of it.
I understand where you got these ideas from, and I appreciate you responding. :keyboard:

Well, my feelings have been summed up by other people.

1. gonna miss yah buddy
2. We are a gaming community, not a minecraft community(though minecraft is a large part of said community)
3. I'm minecrafted out and have been for, ohhhh, say 2 months.

But, don't be a total stranger, stop in and talk/game. I'm sure someone would play something somewhere with yah...gonna miss yah!

I don't know anyone very well, but you have always been looked up to as far as I can tell mate. Everyone seems to notice when you're on classic, and you always help out with those of us that can't ban. We lose a great member in you. Stop by whenever you can, maybe in a while you'll enjoy mc again.

On another note, I know how you feel, and honestly, I game the same way you do. Play something solid for a while, then when it gets boring, drop it and find something else to satisfy your interests. Good luck in your future gaming mate!

You will certainly be missed Guite :(. It's very difficult to expand other parts of the community when Minecraft is just so BIG right now -- it takes up a large portion of my time just to keep things flowing, which is why I'm constantly trying to find others to share the responsibilities.

If you have "issues with parts of the server," I'd be happy to heart them (via PM if you want). I really do try to listen to the community and the recommendations of others - even if it seems I'm too busy to listen sometimes.

Again, sorry to see you go :(

Guite, I joined up because the minecraft server brought me here. I stayed because of this community. There are always new faces that pop up and the people that make up this community have kept me here and will probably keep me here for a long time coming. You were the first person to welcome me into this place and it will be sad to see you go. The majority of this community is indeed minecraft but it has shown me a lot of games that I did not know existed beforehand. I feel the mumble server and the live casts really cast a human perspective into this community. but although it seems you are set in your way of leaving, it will definitely be sad to see you go, I believe I speak for all us when I say do not be a stranger and I will look for you on haxball.

Guite i'm gonna miss you so much! you were always nice and helpful, but you were willing to talk a little trash about haxball when it was called for! i agree with these other guys, in that i think you should stick around for the community and perhaps help us become a little less dominated by minecraft? (for the past two weeks, i've done nothing but haxball online). what if we started hosting t9k haxball servers, do you think that would help? i'd be more than willing to try to get something like that started! anyways, if you do leave these forums, i look forward to seeing you on the haxball field ;)

Life no longer has any more meaning for me. Now that you have left. I shall kill myself. (Come back Guite!! Do you really want to see me die? :() Nah I'm just jokin' around. Will miss ya of cos' and all of what I feel has already been said above so imma just put a erm (Refer to Above) crap here =/. To be honest I am only here for the minecraft although I do play other games like CSS or L4D2. But the part of this community I find the most fun to be a part of is the minecraft community. Well that said, to sum it up : I will always miss you <3 I await your return with open arms! [Insert "How Gay!" comment here].

Life no longer has any more meaning for me. Now that you have left. I shall kill myself. (Come back Guite!! Do you really want to see me die? :() Nah I'm just jokin' around. Will miss ya of cos' and all of what I feel has already been said above so imma just put a erm (Refer to Above) crap here =/. To be honest I am only here for the minecraft although I do play other games like CSS or L4D2. But the part of this community I find the most fun to be a part of is the minecraft community. Well that said, to sum it up : I will always miss you <3 I await your return with open arms! [and open legs].
fixed :trollface:

Awww, sad you're leaving us Guite. You surely will be missed by us...

Hope you'll have fun in the next things you're going to do.. :)

But most important thing, stay in touch with us! :)

Thanks guys, but I am set on leaving. You could say its how I roll. :csi:
Team9000 is probably the 5th gaming community of which I have spend at least 3 months in, and t is also probably the one at which I felt most comfortable in as well. However, I will continue like I normally do by quitting here and finding another place more related to the game I am focused on now.
As everyone keeps mentioning lol, I know there is more to this server than minecraft, but as I said in my first comment, I have tired myself out of everything related to it, and I am looking forward to a more competitive game and community.

Stop by whenever you can, maybe in a while you'll enjoy mc again.
Thanks mate. I am only planning on sticking around one more day, but I do have this place bookmarked, and I will try and remember to come back sometime. I have only done this once with my other places, buuut, you never know.

QuoteQuoteQuote

Thanks Woot. I always knew you had a lot to handle, and I was never too upset over it. Keep up the good job.
Also, most of the issues I have are personal, and for the most part don't hinder the community, and so I will just keep them to myself.

Blah blah blah :D
Thanks dude. I think maybe the easiest way for me to explain all of this is that, it is just my time to go. This instant I recognized the signs that I it was time to move on, I tried to stay, but I can't myself doing this.

Another long quote
Looking forward to pwning you.

Goodbye Guite, you will be missed.
Cya Rob :eek:

Actual happy quote
Thanks for uplifting speech :D Anyway, I am glad some people get it and thanks <3

Thanks Hya, and I will try and remember you guys :eek:

Gonna miss you Guite, hope you have fun in the new community that you find and maybe i will be able to run into you again in another game.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
no, no, no, no, no, no, no.....NOOO!! NNOO NNOO NNO! You can not leave us here lover! Not like this! Get an xbox and get live, we can play then =(. Or tell us where you will go, we can try and follow.

I feel the exact same way you do however, ara and I hold a record of something for being awesome for so long haha. I am going to miss you so much more than these people above me, you know it is true :rolleyes:. If anything bro, come back and message ara and I at least once a month or during holidays. Thats what I do to some old gaming friends I have left. It is going to be tragic to see part of the trio leave, specially without reaching the prize.

I would type soo much more but I think that you know what I think... We will miss you a ton, it has been a good run with you. I am not going to say good bye, I will say... See you later.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back