• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Knights of the Shroom - Beta Town

I was wondering whether the location of our base at the current time is suitable.
A plains biome preferably with a selection of biomes surrounding it would be ideal. A desert biome for aggressive mob hunting, a pine forest for wolves and wood.
Near the coast would also be well suited as if we want to try and grow a mushroom biome from an island to the mainland it is more convenient if the the base is near the coast.
this area seemed good to me:
As it has all of the specified requirements. It is close but not too close to spawn. And is in a convenient location.
1.JPG

Mikey and my old bases are also located near this area and my current base is located here.
Even If we do not choose to move to this area I would like to set up my outpost in this area.
There are cave systems and a small underground ravine to be explored. I have found many diamonds in the small area that I have mined and many other resources are close.
My base is currently located here:
2.JPG

Thanks and a merry Shroom-mas to all!

Pending Mikey's approval, here are the building schemes I came up with. Both call for land reclamation (lime-green).

Brown is where bridges should be built and purple is where I think the main mining (small area) and town center (large area) should be.

Personally I like Plan B best.

<-- my personal choice

so what how high up from the water should the bridge be then? and then i want to help i want some work when you guys are gone

I was wondering whether the location of our base at the current time is suitable.
A plains biome preferably with a selection of biomes surrounding it would be ideal. A desert biome for aggressive mob hunting, a pine forest for wolves and wood.
Near the coast would also be well suited as if we want to try and grow a mushroom biome from an island to the mainland it is more convenient if the the base is near the coast.
As it has all of the specified requirements. It is close but not too close to spawn. And is in a convenient location.
View attachment 79527
Mikey and my old bases are also located near this area and my current base is located here.
Even If we do not choose to move to this area I would like to set up my outpost in this area.
There are cave systems and a small underground ravine to be explored. I have found many diamonds in the small area that I have mined and many other resources are close.
View attachment 79528

If we are to move then that area would be great, however we have already put in quite a bit of work at the place we currently sit on. However, I'ma put it to you guys, If you want to move; we'll move :)

Once we have arrived at our new area or if we stay in the same place we must first build the center of the keep, Away from the mines. The keep will be in a semi medieval/new age style - however as we build it we can mould it to suit our own tastes. After this is complete we will build the first wall. The inner wall will be highest of the walls and will also be medieval styled with walkways across them, etc. Once the following are complete we must build the second wall, the outer wall within that space however large we decide it to be, we will build things ike mob grinders and farms and tree farms etc.

we will also need to leave considerable space for houses and shops (if eventually we communicate with other towns) but yeah. also we will have 4 gates. One on each side as to make accessibility simpler.

A couple of things I was also thinking about:

- We need someone who is completely dedicated to making food.

- We need to organise the mining

- I'll start figuring out which towns we will actively support/hopefully be supported by when everything is done

- We need more members haha

View attachment 79527
View attachment 79528

Pro:

Access to plains, pine forest, and regular forest.
More build area.
Molemanmike already has structures there.

Con:

Lack of direct sea access, so shroomification of the world would be slightly more difficult.
Time cost of relocation

Pro:

Less short-term confusion among other members
Skeleton spawners already located
Ready access to the sea.
Resources already invested into development.
Unique area bonus :D

Con:

Diamond mines remain largely unproven. Cave system not as expansive as I have hoped.
Pine forest is a bit far.
Requires extensive land reclamation.

As it stands, I'm sort of leaning towards moving. But if we do the move, other members have to be alerted (madcart, Camevil, Kris19642, stopthehacks, and Doneyhew). We should probably cash in all our diamonds on our way there, and move other materials by hand (redstone, gold, lapis, iron). A few guys will have to be mules and haul cobble. Fortunately, we don't have much in terms of infrastructure (relatively speaking) so moving isn't quite a setback. What I do hope though is that once we get the town running, we can revisit the old area and declare it as an outpost, provided that no one has staked the area.

Another thought would be to divide the town into two groups to handle the West and East settlements, but I'm not sure if this is a good idea since we're so few as is.

Pro:

Access to plains, pine forest, and regular forest.
More build area.
Molemanmike already has structures there.

Con:

Lack of direct sea access, so shroomification of the world would be slightly more difficult.
Time cost of relocation

Pro:

Less short-term confusion among other members
Skeleton spawners already located
Ready access to the sea.
Resources already invested into development.
Unique area bonus :D

Con:

Diamond mines remain largely unproven. Cave system not as expansive as I have hoped.
Pine forest is a bit far.
Requires extensive land reclamation.

As it stands, I'm sort of leaning towards moving. But if we do the move, other members have to be alerted (madcart, Camevil, Kris19642, stopthehacks, and Doneyhew). We should probably cash in all our diamonds on our way there, and move other materials by hand (redstone, gold, lapis, iron). A few guys will have to be mules and haul cobble. Fortunately, we don't have much in terms of infrastructure (relatively speaking) so moving isn't quite a setback. What I do hope though is that once we get the town running, we can revisit the old area and declare it as an outpost, provided that no one has staked the area.

Another thought would be to divide the town into two groups to handle the West and East settlements, but I'm not sure if this is a good idea since we're so few as is.

i can take some of the cobble the good thing is i havent died since i joined you guys but right now i am a bit away so first i need to get back

If we are to move then that area would be great, however we have already put in quite a bit of work at the place we currently sit on. However, I'ma put it to you guys, If you want to move; we'll move :)

Once we have arrived at our new area or if we stay in the same place we must first build the center of the keep, Away from the mines. The keep will be in a semi medieval/new age style - however as we build it we can mould it to suit our own tastes. After this is complete we will build the first wall. The inner wall will be highest of the walls and will also be medieval styled with walkways across them, etc. Once the following are complete we must build the second wall, the outer wall within that space however large we decide it to be, we will build things ike mob grinders and farms and tree farms etc.

we will also need to leave considerable space for houses and shops (if eventually we communicate with other towns) but yeah. also we will have 4 gates. One on each side as to make accessibility simpler.

A couple of things I was also thinking about:

- We need someone who is completely dedicated to making food.

- We need to organise the mining

- I'll start figuring out which towns we will actively support/hopefully be supported by when everything is done

- We need more members haha

haha as i have said i have really boring when you guys are away so i allways try to find food, and mining and all that, so i have a half work ;P

mikey if this town should go and run we need you on an planning and all that its your duty as mayor

Hey mikey do i have a place here? I mean i will be pretty useless (as far as major building and harvesting stuff goes) since my cpu is an ass, but i would like to have some fun with you guys :D

Step 1: Get heaps of xp
Step 2: enchant picks until you get silk touch
step 3: go to a mushroom island and get some mycelium (mushroom ground)
step 4: plant it on mainland
Step5: spread the new mushroom biome.
HOORAY!

Step 1: Get heaps of xp
Step 2: enchant picks until you get silk touch
step 3: go to a mushroom island and get some mycelium (mushroom ground)
step 4: plant it on mainland
Step5: spread the new mushroom biome.
HOORAY!
Thats how you pick up mycelium?!?! wow thanks mike

Back