Lawyers go after games... again >8(

Wooty

Staff member
Q: You don't play video games. How can you call for regulation of a medium you're not very familiar with?

A: That is a fair criticism. I'm not a player. But I have seen individuals who play these games. I have seen individuals using a baseball bat and bludgeoning a hooker to death, or taking a gun and shooting a cop. Those are the direct result of someone pushing a button and making a conscious decision.

I can see that that kind of connection between your action and the consequent behavior is dangerous.

With a movie you can sit there for two hours and see everything. In these violent games, parents may never fully understand what they contain because you have to be a very sophisticated player to trigger them.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/05/1925545/qa-california-lawmaker-on-video.html#ixzz0n3xGPgUc

RAGE! :saddd:

I'm gonna go shoot some hookah's with my n64 controller, brb.

Doesn't California game stores (and game stores everywhere, for that matter) enforce the ESRB's rating system? Why is this law even necessary if that's being done?

I believe they are complaining that "shooters" exist under ESRB rankings other than M.

So basically, they're disputing the usefulness of the ESRB and replacing their judgement with legal authority.

Do not want. What I DO want is for stores to be more aware of who they're selling games to, and to advise customers on purchases.

overe here, there is a rumor, that some german politics try to vote through a complete prohibition of videogames... nuff said.
and by "complete" i mean NO video games AT ALL

like.. in my case? how do they want to prevent me from getting games?! they cant stop imports.. well they can, but they wouldnt.

Back